John Oliver on ND oil industry....

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
there have been some improvements but not nearly enough. there are quite a few things that should be done but aren't even being consider.

Eye do you remember this topic about censoring oil patch news or reporting less of

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Eye do you remember this topic about censoring oil patch news or reporting less of
yes I do. Brian and I were trying to clue people in on what was really happening. Of course there were some that scoffed at us and told us we were nuts. I think they're enjoying their crow.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Where can a person get inside info about news out west. I'm building the ship but I need the goods to deliver.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not sure how to feel about this.

Allow me to enlighten...

Oliver is doing what liberals always do: "I'm not from there, I've never been there, I have no stake in this, and I'm going to insist that you feel how I want you to feel! What this problem needs is MORE GOVERNMENT INVOLVEMENT!"

This is exactly how UND lost the Souix mascot. Natives had no idea they were offended until strangers who don't go to the school and aren't natives and have no skin in the game showed up and insisted that Natives be outraged. Oliver epitomizes liberals: Create a "problem" whether there is one or not, Do nothing about the problem, act righteously indignant, insist that every agree with you, and demand more government. He's "raising awareness"

I don't disagree that people and companies have taken advantage of ND. I don't disagree that it needs to stop. However, John Oliver, like all the other self-righteous liberals, is a disease of the human race and needs to shut the fuck up.

- - - Updated - - -

For godsake he literally put up a billboard that says, "Be angry". Ya, I'm there buddy, you piece of shit. Don't come here.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll smear the Gov and his regulatory committee I don't care. I am pro oil though. But I think there's room for a little news from the other side. Somebody has to do it.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorry guys, this is the crap we see every day in Little Minneapolis. I need a beer.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll smear the Gov and his regulatory committee I don't care. I am pro oil though. But I think there's room for a little news from the other side. Somebody has to do it.

Oliver and his ilk are not the "help" this state needs.

"If you think you've got problems now, wait until you see the solution."

- - - Updated - - -

Don't know why this has to be left as a negative reputation comment instead of part of the discussion we're trying to have:

"How dare someone raise awareness about the negative effects of a complete lack of logical regulation on oil and gas in North Dakota. Do me a favor and go fuck your self. The boom has done more bad than good, don't try and sugar coat it."

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
"How dare someone raise awareness about the negative effects of a complete lack of logical regulation on oil and gas in North Dakota. Do me a favor and go fuck your self. The boom has done more bad than good, don't try and sugar coat it."

Wow. That's some creepy weasel shiite.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
i would suggest this boom has far more benefits than are being realized by some...

i will not condone breaking laws, or personal bad behavior, but without this boom, the world may look much different...

if the bakken was not developed to the extent that it is, we would be in a very different place right now... there would have been no reason for saudi to crank up production and drop prices... obama is who he is and would not have handled policies any differently without the bakken... oil prices were dropped to sub $50 because of this boom, to hurt this boom, and i don't think we would have seen oil under $100 without it... in fact, i believe it would have been closer to $200 or over for the past several years... without our increased domestic production, which resulted in the oil price being slashed, countries that don't like us would now be flush with cash, and putin may have already devoured much of the middle east... if that was the case, would putin even still be selling us the oil we need, and if so, for how much???

i know, if is for children... but regardless, i am thankful for the lessons learned by all involved here... i think all have a better grasp on what is possible here now, and what has to change in round 2, if the need to really crank up production is necessary in the future...

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member

Wow. That's some creepy weasel shiite.

In defense of the negative critique, it's entirely possible that this commentor lives out west and has to deal with all the crap out there. I DON'T LIVE THERE so I'm not going to suggest I know what needs to be done to deal with the mess. It's entirely possible that the boom has done more bad than good. I don't know, I only hear about it second hand.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
So, you're saying in theory effing yourself may be justified?

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
So, you're saying in theory effing yourself may be justified?

I'm saying my critic and I possibly agree on a lot and he misunderstood my diatribe. Or maybe bobkat or Quincy finally joined NDA ;-)

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Move along... nothing to see here. If it wasn't a liberal like John Oliver doing this piece, some of you guys would have a different reaction. Seriously.... What's your real reaction to the guts of the piece? The shit about fines that are a damn joke? And the fact that they are likely a joke because of our leaders being owned by big oil? Those types of things. Forget for a minute that Oliver is the messenger and think. Then respond. Cause it's a worthy topic and I would like to hear real responses that aren't influenced by your hatred for liberals. Thanks.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I watched this on HBO yesterday waiting for mrs johnrs meeting to end, had never seen this fella before. I live in the effected area, do business with some of the guys in the business, and have several friends making a living in it also.
I thought the report was funny, and fairly true. I don't like my state and our people being made fools of, but most of the story is true.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I said to myself," self I believe this John Oliver just did good old north dakota some good by stating that who in their right mind want to live in North dakota." I say thank you John O for your help all the National news stuff on the oil patch for me is ok because at least it will keep people out of this state now if could get the memo to the LSS we would be good to go. Half full NDA half full

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
yes I do. Brian and I were trying to clue people in on what was really happening. Of course there were some that scoffed at us and told us we were nuts. I think they're enjoying their crow.

Who's Brian :;:huh, anyways yeah it was quite a thread with lots of comments

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Allow me to enlighten...

Oliver is doing what liberals always do: "I'm not from there, I've never been there, I have no stake in this, and I'm going to insist that you feel how I want you to feel! What this problem needs is MORE GOVERNMENT INVOLVEMENT!"

This is exactly how UND lost the Souix mascot. Natives had no idea they were offended until strangers who don't go to the school and aren't natives and have no skin in the game showed up and insisted that Natives be outraged. Oliver epitomizes liberals: Create a "problem" whether there is one or not, Do nothing about the problem, act righteously indignant, insist that every agree with you, and demand more government. He's "raising awareness"

I don't disagree that people and companies have taken advantage of ND. I don't disagree that it needs to stop. However, John Oliver, like all the other self-righteous liberals, is a disease of the human race and needs to shut the fuck up.

- - - Updated - - -

For godsake he literally put up a billboard that says, "Be angry". Ya, I'm there buddy, you piece of shit. Don't come here.

Unfortunately he is right about a lot of what he is saying. I agree he is a liberal and Im sure I dont share 99% of his views but the lack of oversight and government shenanigans that go on in ND are ridiculous. There NEEDS to be an oversight committee and someone needs to crack down on violations occurring in the bakken, but as long as those oil interests are funding campaigns, I dont see it happening, which is unfortunately for everyone who makes this state home, permanently.

- - - Updated - - -

"The boom has done more bad than good, don't try and sugar coat it."

From my perspective this is true....

- - - Updated - - -

I watched this on HBO yesterday waiting for mrs johnrs meeting to end, had never seen this fella before. I live in the effected area, do business with some of the guys in the business, and have several friends making a living in it also.
I thought the report was funny, and fairly true. I don't like my state and our people being made fools of, but most of the story is true.

:;:thumbsup

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just hope we get some good snow cover so its not a dirt storm all winter.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 198
  • This month: 168
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57