KVD + Devils Lake = Deadly Combination

walleyeman_1875

★★★ Legendary Member
Anyone on here have any type of connection with the greatest bass fisherman of all-time? With BASS having their championship on Mille Lacs this fall, someone needs to get KVD to make a trip to Devils Lake and put on a clinic catching monster walleye with his bass techniques. I know spring/summer would be the best but I know there would be zero chance of getting him or any of the bass boys up here then.

Any thoughts on this?

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
If he did come to ND I imagine smallmouth would be the target though. Not so sure he would be any better than the good locals on DL for walleye. Different game.

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Absolutely not. No way a bass guy would be able to pitch plastics to shallow walleyes on Devils. Too technical

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Walleyes like hula poppers?
They love themselves some zoom horny toads both topwater or working deep. They absolutely destroy them....although walleyes eye mouth coordination on top isn't very good but what they lack in technique they makeup with sheer exuberance often coming all the way out of the water! Definitely cool as hell the first time you see a five pound eye go airborne.

download (1).jpg

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Not switching subject, but have any of you tried fly rod fishing for walleyes?

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm thinking walleye fishing would be a little boring for KVD.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ive caught several walleye on top water while fishing for bass. One was a 26.5" on an original Zara Spook. I have never attempted walleye on the fly-rod cause to be honest it just doesn't sound that fun.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bass fishing is for guys that can't catch walleyes.

this saying is incredibly dumb. it's surprisingly hard to consistently catch big bass, no different than it is to catch big walleyes.

- - - Updated - - -

ps. walleyes aren't some mystical creature. they're a predator, you just have to put something in front of them they wanna eat or that pisses them off.

Last edited:

Norske

Founding Member
Founding Member
AR: I've caught walleye when fishing for pike with Clouser Minnows and when fishing for white bass with white twister tails or Daredevel Skeeters (1/32 oz. spoon).

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
He grew up in Michigan so I'm sure he knows how to catch a few eyes. He can break down water more efficiently than everybody else in bass fishing. I'm sure if he was briefed on how the fish act during that time period of the year, he could be pretty effective. That said, there is way more money to be made in bass fishing to take time out of is schedule to do such a thing.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
if he comes down to Oahe i would use him up fishing small mouth......

:::

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
this saying is incredibly dumb. it's surprisingly hard to consistently catch big bass, no different than it is to catch big walleyes.

- - - Updated - - -

ps. walleyes aren't some mystical creature. they're a predator, you just have to put something in front of them they wanna eat or that pisses them off.
Shh. You're going to hurt the walleye feelers. Walleyes are, hands down, the smartest, finickiest, toughest to catch fish that ever swam. You should be lucky that you've ever even seen one, let alone caught one. And you know as well as I do that dragging a spinner around and listening to the drone of the idling motor all day is WAY more fun than any other type of fishing. All other species should bow down to the hardest fighting, highest jumping, mightiest fish in the river, the illustrious walleye! Hahaha.

They're easy to catch, easy to clean, and easy to cook. Come at me bros.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
don't get me wrong I love walleye fishing. I like to buck the trend on the whole having troll or live bait rig for them at all times. the walleye snobs that put the fish on unicorn status so they can pump their chest out when they get a limit is dumb though.

- - - Updated - - -

just like the dish rags at cleaning stations chirping about what size fish a guy should or shouldn't keep

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
don't get me wrong I love walleye fishing. I like to buck the trend on the whole having troll or live bait rig for them at all times. the walleye snobs that put the fish on unicorn status so they can pump their chest out when they get a limit is dumb though.

- - - Updated - - -

just like the dish rags at cleaning stations chirping about what size fish a guy should or shouldn't keep
Whatever size you and Dirty keep this weekend will be too big/small. Stupid turkeys. I'm bitter.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 181
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 57