Lake Winnipeg Update 2017

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
Question for everone that always reports "75 fish day", "over 100 fish day", "50 fish average", etc. do you actually keep track of every fish you catch or are you just guessing. I always say one day i'll try to count, however usually lose track after about 4-5 fish so it cracks me up to hear when people give an exact number unless its less than single digits.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I dont always keep track but when I do I use this. Alot of people actually keep a detailed log of there fishing trip including weather, location, presentation, etc.

download.png

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think the most I personally caught at Lake Winnipeg in a single day was 31 or 32 fish. Most days I would call "good" are around 15 fish. I've had days in the single digits, but if 1 or 2 of them are doozies it makes up for it. That's honest.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
My friend Jeff (who is a goolie) spent 5 days up there with me a couple years back, and the only thing he caught the entire trip was about a 8inch eye. Was funny as hell as the rest of us in the 8 person party caught at least 10 a day each, with a bunch of MA's

Redmist

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can anyone recommend a good ice fishing guide service for the area. I have never been up there and would like to line up a trip with someone.

Downrigger

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have to wait a week for trip #2 of #3. Headed up next Wednesday Night and fishing Thursday and Friday.

Brandon

Founding Member
Founding Member
Group of 8 of us leaving 4am tomorrow morning. We will be fishing out of Chalet Beach through Tuesday. I will try to post some reports and pics

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
We went up Thursday last week and came back Sunday. Fishing was pretty good. A bit of advise for those headed up there.... Be careful if you have Verizon. They are now trying to stick me with $50 dollars for international roaming, even though I had enabled the international plan for $2 a day. The 3 other guys I was with have verizon, and it doesn't sound like they are having this issue. I got a text message asking me to re-enable my international stuff. Read the txt out loud and they all said nope, spam/scam as they didn't get that message. But Verizon is claiming it was them and want their $50.... BS.. Called them when I got back and they don't really have a leg to stand on, but they have to get "manager approval" to drop it back down to $2.

Mizzou21

Remm,
For shits and giggles the second day of our trip we did keep track of exact amount of fish and it was 63 between 3 guys. The first day was a guess at around 45 with one of the 4 guys we had that day knowing he had 18 himself and probably had the best luck of the group. The last day we tried to keep track, but then ended up forgetting to finish up with a count so that day was a guess at 40-50. I am one of those nerds who likes to keep track of all my trips, dates, numbers, size, etc so I can try to make an educated guess each year as to when to go or where to search....This was one of my better trips ever for numbers, and maybe one of my weaker trips for size except for the one good one.

sponsy12

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can anyone recommend a good ice fishing guide service for the area. I have never been up there and would like to line up a trip with someone.

Blackwater cats, that guy knows his stuff and his clients are always on good fish.
Donovan Pearase is his name

Jimhardy

Travel is pretty good with all types of rigs yesterday but ask again in 10 days before you head up as we all know conditions can change on BW overnight.
Jim

I read above to either use sleds or tracked rangers. Is that still the case with the lack of snow? We are planning sleds but have some rangers without tracks that we could take up. Just not sure what the right answer is. Thanks guys! 2 weeks from today we are heading up for our first trip...going to be a long 2 weeks...

sponsy12

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks for the info Sonsy12.

Add him on facebook, he is always on there too. Live out on the ice and gives out a ton of information.
I want to make a trip up and fish with him in the summer for cats. Could learn a lot from that guy

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 96
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33