Lake Winnipeg Update 2017

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Getting ready to head up Thursday after work. Bought a backup favorite lure, but will still be using the original to start with as it just sounds a little different from the others. That, and the scratches on it actually give it a little more flash. Can't wait to get up there and put these small fish rumors to rest, haha!

girls-guns-and-military-monday-funs-230.jpg
I have and continue to use the same one you have, teeth marks and all.
Never use the live targets on Sak, but would imaging a pike would end up with it anyway.

sponsy12

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll send you a PM. What are you guys taking to travel on the ice with? I'm sticking it out with my tracked ranger again. I thought about putting the tires back on but I like the tracks for the cracks and pressure ridges.

I am going up friday night, fishing saturday and sunday. As well as going back next week and fishing wednesday and thursday (22,23)

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Enroute! Haven't wetted a line since July 5. It's been about 5 days short of a year since I've last gone ice fishing. Probably gonna tear up on the 1st hook set.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
Leaving after work today, can't wait!!! Sounds a bit windy up there tomorrow, I guess we'll feel the full effects of the "Big Windy".

dakotaeye29

Founding Member
Founding Member
Rained today, very slippery. There are a few places to cross the big ridge but it was moving today lot. We caught about 30 biggest was 26.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
I guess my brother bought a cabin up there. He also owns a sno-bear. So does this mean I should get on board and go up to Winnipeg?

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
I guess my brother bought a cabin up there. He also owns a sno-bear. So does this mean I should get on board and go up to Winnipeg?

I thought about looking into that. They seem really reasonable up there. I think the maintenance along the lake is a nightmare though. There's some issue with shifting foundations that I don't fully understand.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Heck he caught 4 from 29-31 inches in two weeks! + that dandy on video. Funniest prank I ever played, so glad I got it all on video!
:;:muahaha:;:muahaha:;:muahaha:;:muahaha

img_2575 (2)_filtered.jpg

Last edited:

ndskeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
April 2nd is the last day of fishing. Trust me this has been a topic of conversation.

dakotaeye29

Founding Member
Founding Member
East side best for us out of balsom. 21-24 feet. Ended with 2 masters and 3 over 26. Rest were 14-17. Trucks everywhere we had rangers with wheels. Live target in blue and green, kamookis and jig and minnow were best. Over all fishing was tough but did manage some nice fish.

Brandon

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just got back today, all bigger fish came in the 24ft below ice depth. Lots of 14-18, maybe 20 22-25" and one master. Took some time to find them but when we dialed in the depth fishing was pretty good considering what's all going on. We

Last edited:

supermag

Founding Member
Founding Member
We're heading up Thursday through Sunday. Seeing most guys are fishing in 20-25 fow. How far north have you been going and how is access on either side?

dakotaeye29

Founding Member
Founding Member
We're heading up Thursday through Sunday. Seeing most guys are fishing in 20-25 fow. How far north have you been going and how is access on either side?
Access is good either side, big ridge to cross on the west side a couple miles out. We found places to cross, they do change during the day so check them. We were east/ north east of Balsam out 6-8 miles. Talked to a few guys at the bar that went north ten miles from balsam and caught number but not much size. I wouldn't take a snowmobile, very little snow on ice.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 106
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 60
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 34