Lithium Battery for flasher

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Somebody mentioned using a Dakota Lithium battery in the ice electronics thread. Does anybody else use a lithium other than the marcum shuttles?

Looks like the Dakota lithium is 99$ on amazon. Same size as a typical SLA battery, but around 4lbs lighter. The weight savings would be great, but at the same time I can buy 4 SLA batteries for the price of one lithium.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's not just the weight, though, but the increased run-time. At lease double. I know the shuttle claims up to 40 hours. If you buy one from Dakota Lithium make sure you get the lithium charger, it has different charging algorithms compared to a normal charger.

eyehunter

I just picked up an Energized Outdoors 12 AH Lithium Battery. It is a little wider and shorter than the 10AH SLA battery I was using before, but is twice as light. I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but I will be going out this weekend. When researching I saw a lot of reports about the increased runtime and good performance in cold weather. I'll let you know how it works after this weekend.

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Looking forward to the report!

I might get one and see how it goes, might have to get 2 one for the LX7 and one for the UW camera.

revolutionz

★★★ Legendary Member
I use a Dakota Lithium in my LX7. It's been awesome. The weight savings is nice, but the best part is I have yet to run out of battery during a day with it. I'm confident enough with it that I'm to the point I no longer carry a 2nd battery for it.

eyehunter

I just picked up an Energized Outdoors 12 AH Lithium Battery. It is a little wider and shorter than the 10AH SLA battery I was using before but is twice as light. I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but I will be going out this weekend. When researching I saw a lot of reports about the increased runtime and good performance in cold weather. I'll let you know how it works after this weekend.

I only was able to make it out for about 5 hours on Saturday due to "discussions" with the other half, but the battery performed well. I have the Marcum RT9 and was running my camera and 2 ducers off of it the entire time with no issues. It wasn't as long of a test as I would've liked with it, but plan on going again this weekend. With the previous 10AH SLA battery, 4 hours was the limit when running the camera and both ducers.

Captainbrad

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dakota Lithium was $80 at Reeds at the ice show in St Paul. I was told same deals for Fargo this weekend.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 90
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 42
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33