Lithium Deep Cycle Batteries

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
My 20 amp lithium charger plug in charger charges my battery in about an hour. Why wouldn't a 20 amp solar charger charge it in 5 hours?
Not saying you are wrong my 20 amp smart charger takes a good 4 to 5 hours to charge my 150 amp battery at least and I do not let them get below 25% big no no I was told. I sure there is a difference between chargers just like solar panels might put out same charge just take's 5 to 6 times as long to charge. Lithium is love hate relationship for sure.

Mr. Pike

Not saying you are wrong my 20 amp smart charger takes a good 4 to 5 hours to charge my 150 amp battery at least and I do not let them get below 25% big no no I was told. I sure there is a difference between chargers just like solar panels might put out same charge just take's 5 to 6 times as long to charge. Lithium is love hate relationship for sure.
I heard that you're suppose to store lithium batteries at 80% for extended periods. If that's the case, I might have to bring the trolling motor inside and run it down a little. I also have a couple 48 volt e bike batteries that need to be drained some.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I heard that you're suppose to store lithium batteries at 80% for extended periods. If that's the case, I might have to bring the trolling motor inside and run it down a little. I also have a couple 48 volt e bike batteries that need to be drained some.
Very interesting on 80% did not know.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93