Marijuana & Work

walleyeman_1875

★★★ Legendary Member
I'm on the fence with this. If it becomes legal nationwide, lots of pro's and con's.

My question is: would it really change anything regarding the number of users? People that work for a leaving where there is a drug-free policy, which has to be the super majority of employers, the working class still won't smoke it. With that, if legalized, would this eventually lead to an 'as long as you're not high' policy at work?

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would take alcohol usage in the workplace as use that as a template for pot. IMO, if pot is legalized, it should be up to the individual businesses on what they want. However, the reality will, in all probably, be a govt. regulated legal rats nest of contradictory statutes whereby nothing gets done and nobody has a clue what's going on.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
In my younger years I worked for a painting company and was paired up with a certain individual who smoked pot daily on the job. At first I thought this is a little strange but soon encouraged him to do so as he was a complete a-hole when he wasn’t high as a kite. Functioned really well and at the time was probably the best vinyl hangers in the area. Except there was one day we were in the parking lot of a job we were doing and he just got down smoking his weed puts the van in reverse and nails one of those big round concrete bases(?) that the light poles are mounted on and the paint sprayer that was in the front of the van slid back and broke the back window out. Needless to say I was pretty useless for the next half hour as I couldn’t stop laughing at the dumbass.

powerman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Us guys with a CDL couldn't participate anyway. In my opinion the biggest hang up with pot is a simple test, if they could test like a breathalyzer then they can tell if you are under the influence.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
They have a mouth swab that detects whether you have smoked in the last 8 hours or so. It isn't extremely accurate. But, it's a start.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
very soon there will be tests for quantity. just hasn't been enough $ in it to justify the cost to develop

MathewsZman

Founding Member
Founding Member
29511128_1725123964211034_7259693854407417094_n.jpg

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
In my experience this stuff tends to work itself out. Guys who abuse drugs don't usually last long enough to be a problem. Same with alcohol. You can pretty much pick the abusers out right away. Just because a guy smokes weed doesn't mean he can't function as well or better then someone who doesn't, it's whether someone abuses it just like alcohol or other legal drugs.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 182
  • This month: 159
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 65
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57