Melatonin

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does anyone take this and does it help with your sleep ? Seems in my old age my internal clock alarm goes off after 5 hours of sleep if I'm not real active. Iv'e used Melatonin a few times in the past with good luck but got a new bottle and been trying different doses with no luck. Wondering if it's the brand name.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does anyone take this and does it help with your sleep ? Seems in my old age my internal clock alarm goes off after 5 hours of sleep if I'm not real active. Iv'e used Melatonin a few times in the past with good luck but got a new bottle and been trying different doses with no luck. Wondering if it's the brand name.
I have used the olly stuff. It says take two I only take one and it puts me out . I have some wild dreams on it. If I don’t get to sleep long enough I am groggy in the morning

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Ive used this sleep aid for a couple years worked great at first 3mg,then 5mg then 7 mg finally stopped taking it at 12mg,side effects started ,groggy morning's, headaches

As we age it's a challenge to calm the mind every night to get restful sleep our bodies need taking pills for our ailments and sleep is troubling

Lately im onboard with a sleep patch from "wellamoon" all natural ingredients including 7mg melatonin, this patch slowly releases sleep aid over a few hours,works great,no morning groggy ,allows deep relm sleep for me. Give it a whirl ,inexpensive online

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Occasionally do the gummies, seems to help.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like zzzquill it works for me
That's what I was using before once in a while and it seemed to work well. I ran out so I bought some Natrol brand , It has 5mg per gummy vs 3mg that triple action ZZZquill has. Iv'e tried a few different doses and it probably helps me get to sleep but after 5 hours I'm wide awake. That's why I'm wondering if the brand name might make a difference.

My melatonin comes in cans that say Busch Light on the side. ...boozer...
A good stiff drink before bedtime works for me too, better than melatonin but I can only seem to do that a couple days in a week. Another sign of old age when you have to force a drink down just so you can get a good nights sleep.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
You can get a melatonin hang over..I stopped after getting two..was one of the worst hangovers I have ever had. Happened to me twice..was bad. Zzzzquil is basically Benadryl…works but can affect your mood if taken long term.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have tried many things as others have said too many side effects. Hate to say it go get some legal cannabis space gummies cut them into 1/4's no side effect. Montana or South Dakota is legal helps with all health issues to like pain management or neuropathy etc.. drink less too.

MarbleEyez

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have taken it a few times. I quit taking it. I would be extremely groggy in the morning and more tired than if I hadn't slept at all!!

I know of a few people who utilize a vap-pen right before they go to bed and they swear by it. I really have no interest in that, but I have less interest in going on any type of pharmaceutical prescription medication either!

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have tried many things as others have said too many side effects. Hate to say it go get some legal cannabis space gummies cut them into 1/4's no side effect. Montana or South Dakota is legal helps with all health issues to like pain management or neuropathy etc.. drink less too.
.....unless you get piss tested.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 151
  • This month: 144
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55