Mid winter blues...

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Things to keep us occupied mid winter,cant ice fish i my area,bad ice now snow.....

So i never been a fan but watching the warm up for "monster truck" weekend, looks like a good time might round up my young nephew's and partake? Man the HP

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not having to shovel snow has flat smashed my normal winter blues. I can take the cold no problem, but blowing snow in the morning and then watching it fill in by afternoon just plain sucks the fun right outta life.

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
Cabin fever is definitely starting kick in. I am going get as much ice fishing in as possible, but this warmer weather has me wanting to camp and fish out of the boat. I'm crossing my fingers for a super early spring.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
With no snow we have been running alot of drills. wagon wheel, casting drills and working on push pull in the garage if its to cold out. real nice days we have set of krd marking drill and also ran a abc drills. I am hoping for some late snow with fast melt or a really wet spring so we have water to work with as that is the biggest weakness in out game

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
best time of the year to go to the gym and binge streaming shows.

Been watching Vikings the last few weeks, started out good but now they have introduced a bunch of liberal bullshit. I liked it when it was realistic, without women tribe leaders who are lesbians, and viking leaders who talk bout their emotions and shit like that. Of course they even had to throw in a 2 guys in bed gay scene, but at least it was the french guys doing it, still kinda nauseating. I had high hopes but im close to quitting it now because of the shit they try to inject into it.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member

Been watching Vikings the last few weeks, started out good but now they have introduced a bunch of liberal bullshit. I liked it when it was realistic, without women tribe leaders who are lesbians, and viking leaders who talk bout their emotions and shit like that. Of course they even had to throw in a 2 guys in bed gay scene, but at least it was the french guys doing it, still kinda nauseating. I had high hopes but im close to quitting it now because of the shit they try to inject into it.
Fuck now even the vikings are liberals whats the world coming to........ I thought i read in viking history books that they had huge gang bangs before going to war. It must get tiring always keeping that eye out for the liberals coming for everything i sleep better knowing we have you guarding all our delicate sensibilities.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member

Been watching Vikings the last few weeks, started out good but now they have introduced a bunch of liberal bullshit. I liked it when it was realistic, without women tribe leaders who are lesbians, and Viking leaders who talk bout their emotions and shit like that. Of course they even had to throw in a 2 guys in bed gay scene, but at least it was the french guys doing it, still kinda nauseating. I had high hopes but I'm close to quitting it now because of the shit they try to inject into it.
1% of the population it LGTBQ, however 99% of Hollywood thinks it needs to be forefront, and forced upon us.
even the commercials are 90% represented, its tragic.

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Trying my hand at flintknapping/arrow making
24242.jpeg
24239.jpeg

Attachments

24240.jpeg

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
Spent the winter turning a bedroom into a bathroom. Just got done last weekend. The new boat should be here in 2-4 weeks and then I have many hours of rigging. That should get me to some open water opportunities.

Tymurrey

Founding Member
Founding Member
I usually do a lot of reloading during the winter but this year has been slow for me. I'm cleaning out our old farm house that the mice got into the basement and bought a small JD1050 tractor for yard work that i'm trying to make into exactly what i want it to be. Put a Pat's quick hitch on the 3 point and going to make a winch mount for the front and back. i'm thinking just a cheap harbor freight 2500lb winch on there with remote would be handy. Doing the bolt on hooks on the bucket because my welding skills suck. Also doing a chain box or two with a couple holders for extra pins and parts.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
No too difficult to make just to have it break
Can I ask what kind of stone did you use or is flint stone what you used. When I was 6 or 7 one summer we lived south of 94 or north of Hebron about 15 miles. Me and the neighbor kids would head out to their pasture and search for hours looking for old arrow heads. There was a bison death cliff that was pretty good spot to check but it was pretty much picked through. After the old power line glass insulators where discontinued for the ceramic one, we would sit out in the pasture and shoot up those glass insulators. Some of those piles had thousands and there were probably hundreds of piles dumped out in those pastures.

grumster

★★★★ Legendary Member
Can I ask what kind of stone did you use or is flint stone what you used. When I was 6 or 7 one summer we lived south of 94 or north of Hebron about 15 miles. Me and the neighbor kids would head out to their pasture and search for hours looking for old arrow heads. There was a bison death cliff that was pretty good spot to check but it was pretty much picked through. After the old power line glass insulators where discontinued for the ceramic one, we would sit out in the pasture and shoot up those glass insulators. Some of those piles had thousands and there were probably hundreds of piles dumped out in those pastures.
The big shiny arrowhead is Obsidian (volcanic glass) I believe. The head on the arrow looks to be a chert (Flint) I wonder if it's local chert? Elgin area has a chert named after the town.

grumster

★★★★ Legendary Member
As for mid winter blues I have a super power against it after living 39 years in Mordor

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The big shiny arrowhead is Obsidian (volcanic glass) I believe. The head on the arrow looks to be a chert (Flint) I wonder if it's local chert? Elgin area has a chert named after the town.
All is obsidian. I have a couple of knife river flint I had found. Although not the best and broke off a barb while notching. I would love to find some chert or knife river flint. If anyone knows of an area to find some let me know.

grumster

★★★★ Legendary Member
All is obsidian. I have a couple of knife river flint I had found. Although not the best and broke off a barb while notching. I would love to find some chert or knife river flint. If anyone knows of an area to find some let me know.
I've found it south and west of Elgin and in the badlands, nothing big and of different quality.

Attachments

20240216_125514.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 29
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 20
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11
  • This month: 11