MN Rifle Season

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Anybody hunting MN this year?

I always go back for 6-7 days every year. This year splitting time between opener and 2nd weekend. Saturday 5 of us saw 38 deer total, then Sunday and Monday morning combined we saw 8 deer. Kind of weird for them to just disappear like that.

For the first time ever, I got more pics of wolves than deer. Really a big bummer. There is a pack around the area that usually makes a huge loop, never staying in an area for more than a few days. This year they seem to have settled in right in our area. From September to now I have 3 cameras out and never went more than 2 days without pics of the wolves. Plus fresh tracks on the road yesterday morning, confirmed they are still in the area.

We think the wolves pushed around again Saturday night and busted up the deer and got them spooked again, hence the slow Sunday and Monday.

All in all nobody in our group shot anything. Looking forward to the colder weather next weekend, hoping the wolves have moved on and the rut is cranking.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will be out thursday and friday. my area got some snow and the temps are going to drop like a rock so hopefully that gets things moving. My boy shot his first deer there a few weeks ago during the youth season. looking forward to it.

sbe2

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hunt in MN every year mainly because i bought a lifetime license before i moved from there so its free for me no matter if i am a resident or not and my family has a great chunk of private land that touches some good state land that has terrible access that never gets hunted much. It was a slow opener saw quite a few small bucks and my brother managed to shoot a decent 4x4. I have one particular deer that i am waiting on and if it shows up I will be pumped if not i may be buying a muzzleloader tag and hunting more.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 84
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 31