Mr Heater Question

Flannel

Hello. Is there someone out there that can help me?? I just bought a 1.6 Kw Portable Forced Air Electric Heater (https://www.mrheater.com/1-6-kw-portable-forced-air-electric-heater.html)

This thing does not blow out much hot air so I'm looking to adjust the thermostat wire to see if that helps. Could someone help me look at the photo attached and tell me which wire is the thermostat wire? The left side of the photo has the temp control knob, the right side is the fan speed. Those are the only controls.

Thanks in advance for any help

Attachments

Screenshot 2023-11-14 121838.png

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
1500 watts is not much at all. Considering a blow dry for hair is 800 to 1000 watts.

What are you trying to heat up?

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
that ^^^ is correct. for comparisons sake... the typical stand alone oil filled radiant heater for bedrooms and wall mount small fireplace looking gadgets and such are just 1500 watts.

Flannel

1500 watts is not much at all. Considering a blow dry for hair is 800 to 1000 watts.

What are you trying to heat up?
Wanted this to place by my garage workbench while working on some things. I do not have a heated garage

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
It’s not gonna put out more heat. T-stat just functions on and off based on room temp it doesn’t make the element hotter

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I would use a Nipco type heater with a inline thermostat. I would get the propane type.

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had an electric heater in my garage for a few years and just switched to natural gas. Those electric heaters draw a lot of power and run your bill up pretty quick. I've gone up to over $300 a month running the electric heater in the winter.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
If your
Wanted this to place by my garage workbench while working on some things. I do not have a heated garage

Another option is a heat lamp bulb like farmers/ranchers use to keep newborn animals warm and dry. I knew a wood carver that worked all winter in a little shed and Iv'e used that trick a few times . The heaters with a fan move more cold air than warm air.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is your garage insulated? Do you have access to natural gas or propane? Does your garage wired for 220v?
If your garage isn't insulated what Davey suggested is what I would use or another option that does the same concept in a job site halogen bulb light not led. If you have propane or natural gas at your house I would look into getting a hot dawg type ceiling heater, or find an used house/trailer house furnace on Craigslist, classifieds, Bisman, or Facebook type places, if you don't have a natural/propane gas and your garage is equipped with a 220v breaker then you can go with a ceiling mounted heater.
Like Davey said if you're looking to just take the nip out of the air get a heated bulb type light thar that you can use as a dual purpose hear/light option.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88