ND g&f

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
what a joke of a game and fish we have called them months ago to get some info from them about setting up a base camp out west where i can do it etc. etc. got a warden number called him multiple times nothing, left messages nothing, last week decided to email them to see if i can get some information and once again, nothing, trying to get in touch with the people we pay to run our wildlife areas etc should not be an excercise of using every single resource possible, hugely disappointed just trying to go out there and do things the right way but the way i feel right now they can kiss my ass

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
At this point if I were you I'd just go and do as planned.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
what exactly are your questions?

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.fs.usda.gov/activity/dpg/recreation/camping-cabins/?recid=79451&actid=34

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
They are too busy handing out awards and thanking the out of state waterfowl hunters for coming over on their radio ads.

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
bowman county away from all the pipeline stuff

- - - Updated - - -

what exactly are your questions?

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.fs.usda.gov/activity/dpg/recreation/camping-cabins/?recid=79451&actid=34

ya if there were grasslands down there it wouldnt be such a big deal, but there is 0 in 4F im going to be talking to a guy that used to live out there tonight and see if he can hook me up with something, asking all these favors of people to get in touch with land owners/ etc is fine and ok but i always feel like i dont want to trouble them and honestly i shouldnt have too if the damn game and fish would get their shit together.. idiots..

Big J

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have never called ND wardens or biologists for hunting or land information. I have contacted some about fishing. The fisheries guys are great. I don't know about what you are looking for.

On the other hand I have spoke with some Wyoming and South Dakota biologists/wardens and are very responsive to messages and got ahold of me very quickly. They provided great information. So I am sad that ND is letting you down.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
if not on grasslands or FS lands, then your only other options are private campgrounds, state parks or a WMA. i wouldn't get too worried about this. the rules on all of the above are pretty straight forward.

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have contacted fisheries several times and they always real good about responding. I trust you have seen this list: https://gf.nd.gov/contact-us I would call one person and if no answer, move on to the next until I got the info I needed. Good luck.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
bowman county away from all the pipeline stuff

- - - Updated - - -

ya if there were grasslands down there it wouldnt be such a big deal, but there is 0 in 4F im going to be talking to a guy that used to live out there tonight and see if he can hook me up with something, asking all these favors of people to get in touch with land owners/ etc is fine and ok but i always feel like i dont want to trouble them and honestly i shouldnt have too if the damn game and fish would get their shit together.. idiots..

what lands are you considering camping on?

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
I feel as if the amount of time and effort to get ahold of the right person or any damn person for that matter has already exceeded as much as they will get from me. This is their damn job it's not my job to jump through 18 hoops just to talk to someone so that I can correctly follow the rules. So they can get bent. I'm just gonna set up shop wherever I think should be legal.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep, just tell them your a DAPL protester, and your starting a new camp.;:;rofl Kudos to you for trying to do the right thing, and not break the law! :;:thumbsup

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
well this is camping during the rifle season as we will be out hunting mule deer, so knowing where i can be set up would be ideal, especially since i can guarantee you they wont hesitate to be running around hassling me while i hunt but cant pick up a phone,
Wags there are a couple lakes down there i was lookin at camping but from what i can tell the water is all open for fishing etc, but the land around these little pot hole lakes are private? and these are lakes that the G&F have stocked in the past so they have to know what lakes they are...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 97
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33