Need help! Tiller guys

Fishinggeek

Check out the foot AlumaCraft competitor 205, very popular style boat. A lot of the high end walleye tournament anglers are going with this boat.

Riverbottoms

★★★★ Legendary Member
If it was me, I would be scrutinizing the 2090 Warrior and the 620T. The Warrior has the nod in the HP department with a 250, but the layout of the 620T looks a little more user friendly. IMO
The big disadvantage with the ranger is it only hold 32 gals of fuel. Why so small?

powerman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ranger has a poor layout in the tiller in my opinion. A good portion of the left side it livewell and an anchor shaped storage box in the front? Talked to a guy the other day with a new ranger tiller and he said storage was not good.

Riverbottoms

★★★★ Legendary Member
Check out the foot AlumaCraft competitor 205, very popular style boat. A lot of the high end walleye tournament anglers are going with this boat.
Just looked at the layout. Damn good layout lots of storage. Just might be a little light for me fishing the sak mostly. Need a heavy glass boat.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
One thing I've noticed looking at these tillers, is they all have a pretty narrow beam. The Lund glass and Alumacraft do have 96" but most of the others are only 90". As apposed to the windshield boats that are 100"+

The more i look at these, i think if i was in the market i would be giving the Lund 208 a serious look. Widest Beam, Largest fuel tank, 250hp/56mph!!

Last edited:

Norske

Founding Member
Founding Member
To stay dry in the back of a boat, a flared bow is important. Aluminum boats don't have flared bows like some did back in the 50's and early 60's. Another big help is a single big live well near the front of the boat. Use the weight of the LW water to trim the boat as weather conditions change. Big waves or no waves-empty; choppy-half full or more.

buckhunter24_7

Founding Member
Founding Member
One thing I've noticed looking at these tillers, is they all have a pretty narrow beam. The Lund glass and Alumacraft do have 96" but most of the others are only 90". As apposed to the windshield boats that are 100"+

The more i look at these, i think if i was in the market i would be giving the Lund 208 a serious look. Widest Beam, Largest fuel tank, 250hp/56mph!!

Larson is 102

Flatrock

Founding Member
Founding Member
My buddy has a Warrior 2090 with a 225. He loves it but his one complaint is that it is tough to get it to troll slow enough when pulling cranks.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 100
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 33