need warmer boots for the wife

64Mustang

Founding Member
Founding Member
My wife started bowhunting a couple years ago. She has really enjoyed sitting in a treestand watching/hunting deer. We were out the other night and she had her warmest boots including wool socks on, and by the time we were done sitting (a little over 2 hours), she said her feet were cold. This was in 42 degree weather with very little wind. I know the weather will continue to get colder and want to keep her comfortable out there hunting.

I am looking to get her some better boots as she seems to have poor blood circulation.

Any suggestions/recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Big Iron

Founding Member
Founding Member
Look into a good pair of pack boots with removable wool liners. They're gold for stand hunting.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Is the tree stand comfortable enough that its not cutting blood flow to her lower legs. I find that sitting in the wrong chairs will make my feet feel cold.

scrotcaster

Founding Member
Founding Member
if you can get her to wear them,,white military "bunny" boots are the warmest you will find. in my opinion

Founding Member
Founding Member
I sit in cold temps from dark till dark allot, have for years. Here and up in Canada in nov-dec.

A full containment bag type system is the only way to go, keeps everything warm.

I prefer the Iwom over the heater body suit simply because I don't have to take it off to shoot.
The warm bag was a little lighter model but they quit making it.

https://iwomouterwear.com/collections/iwom-hunting/products/iwom-el-hunting-suit

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My ex-wife had the same complaint about her feet. She got some Sorrels and extra wool foot beds and that helped a lot when she was just sitting instead of moving around.

Wearing a stocking cap is another thing that will help. Once you stop or slow the heat loss from your head your body will start sending blood back to the extremities (feet and hands).

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don’t fight it, get some chemical boot warmers.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
this^^^ with oversized boots of course. super cheap. buy a bulk pack at wally world and you are set for at least a year of sitting in the stand and possibly ice fishing. when i pair those in my bunny boots, i think it would be nearly impossible to get cold.

or the heated insoles. wife got me a pair for christmas. they are thermacell brand i think. haven't used them yet. but, charged and ready for when i go on my expedition to the north pole. ;) reading about them though... they seem like neat technology in that they are thermostat controlled. so, if your boots are warm and hold heat, they won't get you too warm like chemical once do sometimes.

almost forgot... "wife"... sure...

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My wife likes her Mukluks and boot booties. Her feet are usually the only things to get cold and the boot booties are great for long sits in the stand. Boot booties are big enough you could fit a whole case of chemical warmers in them if you wanted to. She also has a pair of heated insoles, but hasn't had much of a chance to give them a good test yet.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
Muck Arctic Pros have like 2000 g insulation and are warm as hell.

I should mention that recommendation comes from my wife.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
ask for sammichs at a more frequent interval, it will solve itself

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
I sit in cold temps from dark till dark allot, have for years. Here and up in Canada in nov-dec.

A full containment bag type system is the only way to go, keeps everything warm.

I prefer the Iwom over the heater body suit simply because I don't have to take it off to shoot.
The warm bag was a little lighter model but they quit making it.

https://iwomouterwear.com/collections/iwom-hunting/products/iwom-el-hunting-suit

I scored one of these last year and there is no doubt I stayed in stand a lot longer with the Iwom

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bag systems just make sitting in cold not a big deal any more. Been using them for about 10 years now. Used to do the big pacs and heat packs. Boot blankets and heat packs work great as well to keep your feet warm. I just like being warm from head to toe I guess.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Muck Arctic Pros have like 2000 g insulation and are warm as hell.

I should mention that recommendation comes from my wife.

I thought they may be the ticket recommended by many. Bought them for ice fishing, wasn't very impressed. My sorel glaciers were warmer but they aren't waterproof.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 100
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 33