New boat

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
about the same price as a ranger 621, warrior 208, 203, or 2121, skeeter 21' or the lund 21'... new no electronics or upgrades $75-80... start adding toys and the ranger goes over 100 quick and the others can keep under... the warrior 2121 with a 350 suzuki I'm looking at is 86ish depending on the electronics

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
​YUP! I'm buying whatever they are selling.

Make sure it comes with a wash down system.

o.jpg

And a master baiter system...............you know to put bait on your hooks.

Baiting-the-hook-in-bikini1.jpg

Might as well add the fish taker off system also.

ragazze_a_pesca_005.jpg

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
oh... this will be my first post saying that my 2014 ranger reata 1850, 150 merc 4 stroke is officially up for sale 39,000, electronics on it are negotiable.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
about the same price as a ranger 621, warrior 208, 203, or 2121, skeeter 21' or the lund 21'... new no electronics or upgrades $75-80... start adding toys and the ranger goes over 100 quick and the others can keep under... the warrior 2121 with a 350 suzuki I'm looking at is 86ish depending on the electronics

This made me sick to my stomach. I will be sticking with my 19 year old tin can.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member

You could probably use shopping lessons.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
what you all do to afford an 80-90G boat? Damn...you all make 100G a year??? This is crazy, for what, to catch fish...poor ass guys like me are just concerned about getting from point a to point b and catch fish, don't give a fudge about tournaments and beating so so to z spot.
To each his own I guess, everyone must like being in debt. I just don't know how some of you guys can afford all this with kids, wife, mortage and oh...your 50G pickup you going to pull it with......Would love to get a boat, but right now my main concern is a roof over my head, looking for a new home to replace the old one I have..guess what, I'm staring at over 100G home that I'd like to get with a 40G income...so hard for me to understand how all you guys can afford your toys.

FishinRN

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dream day for those owning a dealership is after a boat show people talking about toys costing $86,000ish and going over 100k.

Rizzo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mort, with a good job and money spent wisely. I thought this thread would turn to peoples finances.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
I personally could not pull a trigger on any of the 20’ boats brand new. Go to walleye central and get a next to new used one for 20 - 30+K less in many instances and most are rigged out to the hilt
No tax is another bonus

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
what you all do to afford an 80-90G boat? Damn...you all make 100G a year??? This is crazy, for what, to catch fish...poor ass guys like me are just concerned about getting from point a to point b and catch fish, don't give a fudge about tournaments and beating so so to z spot.
To each his own I guess, everyone must like being in debt. I just don't know how some of you guys can afford all this with kids, wife, mortage and oh...your 50G pickup you going to pull it with......Would love to get a boat, but right now my main concern is a roof over my head, looking for a new home to replace the old one I have..guess what, I'm staring at over 100G home that I'd like to get with a 40G income...so hard for me to understand how all you guys can afford your toys.
Everyone has a different financial situation and there is really no point in worrying about it. There are plenty of people in a lot of debt, but there are plenty who aren't.

honkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
It’s all relative. I’ve worked at the same place for 35+ yrs and make good money. I’ve worked hard and smart and am in a financial position to buy a boat and NOT finance it for 20 yrs. I’ve been fishing out of my current boat for 20 years and it’s still in great shape but I’m getting closer to retirement and I want a nice boat. I guess if I can afford it it’s my call. When I was 30 or even 40 I couldn’t have afforded it but I can now. Honestly it will not take $100k. More like $80ish and change. Still a crap ton of money for a boat if that’s what I want, that’s what I’ll buy.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
It’s all relative. I’ve worked at the same place for 35+ yrs and make good money. I’ve worked hard and smart and am in a financial position to buy a boat and NOT finance it for 20 yrs. I’ve been fishing out of my current boat for 20 years and it’s still in great shape but I’m getting closer to retirement and I want a nice boat. I guess if I can afford it it’s my call. When I was 30 or even 40 I couldn’t have afforded it but I can now. Honestly it will not take $100k. More like $80ish and change. Still a crap ton of money for a boat if that’s what I want, that’s what I’ll buy.

Good for you Honkerslayer. Enjoy your boat! Just saying boat prices are insane for alot of us to even think about getting one, hence, why I don't even bother going to boat shows, just to walk around and say...ah that be nice to have, wish I could afford it. Just a way to get depressed. And to everyone else, enjoy.

pluckem

Founding Member
Founding Member
Everyone mentions layout. However, I haven't seen anyone bring up the removable storage pods on the Lund 202 and 219 boats. To me, if they executed this well it should be a HUGE selling point.

Everyone always goes back and forth on the "U" vs Open Cockpit layout. These pods give you the best of each and the flexibility to swap your layout depending on the day.

I checked them out at the show and was surprised they were only held in place by two bolts. Anyone have user feedback on them?

honkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Those are cool. I seriously like the Lund but also the most expensive of all of them.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Everyone mentions layout. However, I haven't seen anyone bring up the removable storage pods on the Lund 202 and 219 boats. To me, if they executed this well it should be a HUGE selling point.

Everyone always goes back and forth on the "U" vs Open Cockpit layout. These pods give you the best of each and the flexibility to swap your layout depending on the day.

I checked them out at the show and was surprised they were only held in place by two bolts. Anyone have user feedback on them?
got a link?

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Coupla things...

I spent about 7 hours at the boat show on Saturday. Enjoyed myself immensely (except for the $4 sloppy joe that wasn't worth 50 cents).

I once thought that someone would have to be a billionaire to own a $75K boat. Now there are lots of them at that price, and higher. And not just at the boat show either. Lots of them at the ramps, and they are not pulled by P.O.S. pickups.

That being said, a friend told me about wakeboard boats a couple of years ago, and he'd skied behind a Mastercraft that was $90K. I thought that that was insane.

Fast forward a couple years, and Mastercraft makes a boat listing for DOUBLE the most expensive fishing boat there. They had a $202K wakeboard boat at the show. I about tipped over. The boat show special price, was $165K.

You hear the funniest (and maybe dumbest) things at the sport show. I walked into a big $80K camper, and a woman sitting on the couch was talking to another woman, about "our camper". She said hers had 5 TV's, and it would be "hard to go backwards" from that.

Sheesh.

The funniest thing I overheard was a guy stepping out of a $100K pontoon, and he said "I like my boat just fine, it only takes me 10 minutes to blow it up".

All told, I love toys. And to each their own. In my life, I've spent some pretty dumb money. These toys are just pretty far out of my reach.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
This expensive rocket can get me to my bluegill honey hole in less than 5 minutes.#$%^&>
paddleboat.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 108
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 60
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 39