New guy

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
thanks for the advice/offer. Is there still a white buffalo in that herd by Jamestown?
Have not consider the color if that would make a difference in my ability for a true shot. dB
Not sure, but the original is dead. I think she had two white calves that woukd be about six years old now. Crosshairs or open sights would both show up nicely on white.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
"lots of online" but never time to post? "for almost 20 years I didn't have access"? Seems flat odd........

Again, welcome Brek if I'm wrong!
Seems off to me too, but only after it was pointed out.
I am slow to catch on.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
RCBS, and or DIllion shit is good. If world goes to shit and a war happens I have enough for one hell of fight starting with twoooo mmmmmsixteenssss gota spell wierd so feds dont come checking this site for me. Guns, and ammo is only thing worth shit now days can't lose there. If my house ever burns it will look like atomic bomb went off I would think. Enjoy site sir.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does Dillion sell it as a kit like I have seen with RCBS and Hornady? I have heard Dillion is very good but can get expensive. So I will be reloading .22-250, .243, .270, .308, and 7MM Rem Mag so far. Most are custom guns and the thing I have found so far is that it is almost impossible to find large rifle primers. Also, I am familiar with the different brands of powders but for higher end guns IE Kimber 84M, Christiansen Arms models 14 & 14M .22-250 & .270 just kind of wondering which powder most guys use for consistency?

So the optics I'm running on the Kimber 84M .308 is gonna be Warne bases and rings and a Leupold Mark 4 LR/T 4.5-14-50. Sighted in great with Hornady 150 gr SST Precision.

The optics on both of my Christiansen Arms 14 and 14M, .22-250 & .270, I am running both Vortex Razor 3-15X42 HSR-5i scopes. The shells I sighted in with were also Hornady Precision on both, .270 was 145 gr ELD-X and the .22-250 was Hornady Superperformance Varmint 50 gr V-Max.

The 7MM Rem Mag is a Bergara with a Leupold VXIII 4.5-14X40 with the 7MM Rem Mag turret on top sighted in using Hornady Superformance 139 gr SST.

So far everything is shooting 3/4" or under off the lead sled. Should a guy even consider reloading? They are just as accurate out to 300. I am not competition shooter by any means but some of these guns I have I would like to put bullet hole in bullet hole and see what they can do out to 500-800 yds.

Any input would really be appreciated! I know there are quite alot of guys on here that have way more experience than I that could hopefully give me some pointers!

Thanks - Brek
3/4” groups are great for those factory guns. I wouldn’t mess with anything.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wasn't sure how tight of tolerances alot people like. Groups seemed very good, all were 5 shot about 30 seconds apart. Kurtr, I thought you told me that those Christiansen Arms guns were fence posts or were you just joking, I know you joke quite a lot.

Thanks - Brek
Ya I’m not a fan way to many horror stories and guns that don’t shoot worth a shit but you must have got good ones. Horrible customer service

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does Dillion sell it as a kit like I have seen with RCBS and Hornady?

So far everything is shooting 3/4" or under off the lead sled. Should a guy even consider reloading?

- As far as I know, Dillon only makes progressive presses. That's not what I would start on. A reasonably priced but solid single stage like a Forster Co-ax would not leave you wanting. Hell, I use the Hornady lock and load press, which doesn't get much love from reloading snobs, but it turns out damn nice ammo.

- At least you didn't say "1/2 MOA all day", but 3/4" (I'm assuming at 100 yards) across 5 different factory rifles with factory ammo is pretty special. The only reason I could see to get into reloading would be as a hedge against future ammo shortages. Either stockpile ammo, or stockpile reloading components.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 37
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 22
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 13
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 12