NFL Americas Game ( NOT)

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
WTF, do you have to be a rich man these days just to watch football. Complete BS that they even have games on Amazon Prime, and this weekend 2 games on Peacock. Should boycott to get it back to where common people could watch. I have to admit I've only watched a handful of games compared to just about all games previously.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
They're just setting it all up to be ALL pay to watch.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Greedy f*ckers, it will be like baseball soon. Like the Dodgers forking out a "billion" dollars for their last 2 acquisitions. No damn way are they worth that. Should have to pay back if they don't win World Series

Eatsleeptrap

★★ Legendary Member
You are not missing much. The game itself is still a beautiful thing, but penalties, replay and challenges have made it unwatchable. A 60 minute game that takes three and a half hours to play in this day and age of 10 second attention spans is running on borrowed time. I throw things at people who complain about how long a baseball game takes. There is no time limit, 27 up, 27 down. Too bad George Floyd's friends killed any desire to ever watch the Vikings or Twins in person ever again. It's all, was all, better in person.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
You are not missing much. The game itself is still a beautiful thing, but penalties, replay and challenges have made it unwatchable. A 60 minute game that takes three and a half hours to play in this day and age of 10 second attention spans is running on borrowed time. I throw things at people who complain about how long a baseball game takes. There is no time limit, 27 up, 27 down. Too bad George Floyd's friends killed any desire to ever watch the Vikings or Twins in person ever again. It's all, was all, better in person.
And baseball implemented new rules that had sped the game up immensely. And it’s still too long. So now they’re even cutting more time between pitches. They know it’s killing em

Jim Simmers

Established Member
Covid showed us the owners dont need us in the stands. TV contracts are so rich they just need you tuned in. The ones that hurt when you dont show up are the vendors that sell the $12 beer and $8 hotdogs. Since 1776, Americans can not band together to ban anything. So complaining to others on social media is the next best thing?

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah have tried to watch little bits some nights when I finally get around to sit down and more often than not we need a subscription so I just go to YouTube and find ways to either inform or rot my brain. Guess it's better than watching the train wreck refree jobs I keep reading about

jdfisherman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Game may have 60 minutes, but on average only 11 minutes of that is actual play time (snap to end of play). The other 49 minutes are just watching players getting ready for the next play to start.

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Rich athletes playing a sport, most of them don't have an ounce of respect for our country, and now they're more focused on pop culture than the game.... you know what I'd rather than watch the NFL, anything!

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nearly all the games are free over the air on NBC, ABC, CBS, Fox. Thursday night on prime being the exception and yes there have also been a few on Peacock and NFL network. Overall though NFL is by far the easiest major sport to watch for free over the air.

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Nearly all the games are free over the air on NBC, ABC, CBS, Fox. Thursday night on prime being the exception and yes there have also been a few on Peacock and NFL network. Overall though NFL is by far the easiest major sport to watch for free over the air.
Curious how long it will be until they follow what college football does with paid for view only.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Curious how long it will be until they follow what college football does with paid for view only.
I watched plenty of good college games this year for free on the same channels.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Most viewers since 2015 this season must not be that hard to watch...

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hard to believe anyone is sitting inside watching football when it has been this nice out lately. Get outside and do some fishing or hunting.
Monday night, Sunday night, Thursday night. Essentially the three most watched programs every week because there isn't much else you can do in the winter months those evenings.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
For now.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88