Non-resident fishing license

Apres

Founding Member
Founding Member
ND is trying to be an opportunity fishing state. They advertise the fishing heavily in those states because they want the out of state anglers money. Drive thru the twin cities sometime and you'll see a bunch of billboards for devils lake. Those dollars keep a lot of the small towns in the area alive. I think they could probably raise it a little to $50 or so but if it gets to $75 a lot less people will come, directly hurting many of our smaller towns. Outdoor rec supports 32K jobs in ND lower that by 25% and that's 8000 jobs we'd lose and how many small towns would disappear? I think I saw one time the average non-res spends $1000 here every week. There's a tradeoff to be had less non-res money means, less stocking, less opportunity, worse fishing. There is always a place to go where you can find a great bite and never see anyone else if the non-res are there chances are it was better last year and is time to find next years hot spot.

pluckem

Founding Member
Founding Member
The GIANT difference is people go to Minnesota to recreate and have family time. Maybe take the pontoon out for some sunnies or maybe a walleye or 2 at dark. MN and WI people come to ND to fill freezers and take no prisoners. Which if they are within the law i really cant have a problem with. Just stating facts

For the majority you are probably right. But what about all the LOW traffic in the winter and summer, that's freezer fillers as well.

Honestly they could raise it a bit and wouldn't cause any commotion. If they bump it to $75 or $100 MN will cry and respond accordingly. Increase it $10 and no one will notice. Then do it again few years later.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think this is a pretty slippery slope. We start raising prices in anger and other states will follow suit. Everything else for fishing is expensive enough. I don’t want to not fish SD because the license is too damn high (black preacher meme).

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 91
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 43
  • This month: 40
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33