Old age sore joints

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
gettin pounded tik? sucks, couple shots of fireball helps.[/QUOTE]

Yep, before this thing started they predicated 24-38 inches. Now the F-ing wind is getting ridicules, 33 gusting to 45.

Don't have any fireball in the freezer. ;:;banghead I'd have to walk to the liquor store to get some..........oh wait they are closed.

Wife works at the hospital, took her to work yesterday morning at 6 and guessing she won't get to come home until late tomorrow night or Friday afternoon.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Glucosamine sulfate potassium chloride is a joint supplement. It has done me wonders. You can get it at Walmart.

- - - Updated - - -

Is there any medical proof that CBD works? Honest question. Seems like snake oil to me. Everyone claiming it cures everything from sleeplessness to cancer and aids. Do medical professionals recommend it?

It reminds of the stoners back in the day that used to tell people that smoking weed was the cure for everything. Except motivation apparently

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Glucosamine sulfate potassium chloride is a joint supplement. It has done me wonders. You can get it at Walmart.

- - - Updated - - -

Is there any medical proof that CBD works? Honest question. Seems like snake oil to me. Everyone claiming it cures everything from sleeplessness to cancer and aids. Do medical professionals recommend it?

It reminds of the stoners back in the day that used to tell people that smoking weed was the cure for everything. Except motivation apparently
I dont use it but it seems to help my dad...

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/cannabidiol-cbd-what-we-know-and-what-we-dont-2018082414476

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7092763/

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
i use this stuff on my lower back during a golf round or on my right knee before curling. It helps big time...says its for horses but is safe for humans...and it helps.. I buy it at TSC altho i am sure any animal feed place has it or amazon. works wonders
th

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I use it all the time. It also works on male pattern baldness. I used to be completely bald!!

Centar.jpg

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last edited:

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
In all honesty just go in and get cortisone injections. I’ve had many of them and it’s by far the best thing you can do. Last a really long time as a general rule.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
In all honesty just go in and get cortisone injections. I’ve had many of them and it’s by far the best thing you can do. Last a really long time as a general rule.

Cortisone is absolutely terrible for your soft tissues. One injection at a site would be max for me. I had an orthopedic surgeon tell me too much cortisone will make your soft tissues like a rubber band that has been sitting in the sun too long...it almost disintegrates when you touch it. Bad, bad stuff.

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I'm all in on this horse rub shit 3R and jiffy gave the nod too...lol.

yesterday brought me my order of "turmeric" caps,625mg's each,as of today knee pain gone,lower back tightness gone as well,direction label says two caps daily,might be a bit much but if the pain is real bad,then maybe.

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm all in on this horse rub shit 3R and jiffy gave the nod too...lol.

yesterday brought me my order of "turmeric" caps,625mg's each,as of today knee pain gone,lower back tightness gone as well,direction label says two caps daily,might be a bit much but if the pain is real bad,then maybe.

Thanks for sharing. I am willing to try about anything some days.

I have one of those knees that can predict the weather.

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member

Thanx eye,no jab fer ole snow,my buddies tell me the jab is really painful,f-that,ole snow would be like the dog's video passing out getting they're nails cut,no needles here.

norm70

Founding Member
Founding Member
Massage Gun, Chiropractor/Massage, Exercise, Lose weight(this worked for me anyway) Stretch before anything physical, Low salt/sugar foods all have worked for me. If you have bad knees go to a chiropractor and have them do a myofascial release or an IT band release man did it suck but helped my knees a lot.
Disclaimer: my back was killing me today.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just tested the sugar and joints thing and so far, it seems to have no affect. I just feel a little sluggish on the sugar crash afterwards and get fatter. I’m only 41 though, so that can change.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member

No way ever again for me.... had a Dr talk me into trying one for my neck .. He went up from the base of my skull and must have hit a nerve because I went blank so he had me sit there for a while to snap out of it but I never really did for a whole day. I don't even remember driving home. no idea how much he had in me but it was a big needle and it felt like a joint of 2/78 balls deep.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just tested the sugar and joints thing and so far, it seems to have no affect. I just feel a little sluggish on the sugar crash afterwards and get fatter. I’m only 41 though, so that can change.

Yeah - One or two cheats is no big deal for me either. It’s sustained dosing over several days - holidays or clients drop off sweets at work type affair that scuttles me. Sore everywhere, groan when I get up off couch, etc. Feel 100yrs old.

And they had no effect on me whatsoever in my 40s.

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
#guywhoisaoldfart....lol,

that's how we old guys roll guy,every morning,it's wake-up every morning (so far)stand up after 15minutes of "snap crackle,pop"

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 144
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 51