Open water watch 2024

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Ice all over on east sake and west audubon. Some shore line showing on both about 30 yards or so of open water

Attachments

20240409_201600.jpg

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
anybody traveling 83 across between Sak and Audubon in next day or two looking for an ice update for Audubon. Thanks

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I am looking at boat for Audubon
After driving by tuesday..I would say this weekend isn't going to happen with a boat...unless it's an ice breaker. Alot of ice still on the lake.. but with winds and high temps and rain...maybe? Doubtful though

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
After driving by tuesday..I would say this weekend isn't going to happen with a boat...unless it's an ice breaker. Alot of ice still on the lake.. but with winds and high temps and rain...maybe? Doubtful though
was thinking and guessing that but thought I'd ask anyway in case, appreciate the info.

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member
Emmons County posted that Langliers is open and dock is in.
Better take advantage of it while we can, as I don't think that ramp will be open all summer unless we get some moisture or way too much rain down south.

buckhunter24_7

Founding Member
Founding Member
Went by devils lake today, haybale bay still locked up, went all the way to the west end of the lake everything was still froze except for the bridges, 1/4 to1/2 mile of open water on the south side of each. The ice on the flats was getting pretty dang dark so maybe Sunday on some spots

Bauer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lake appears to be open from New Town down to Shell and south to about halfway to Nishu from Indian Hills, coworker was out at Indian Hills yesterday and was water as far as he could see short what was piled up on the shorelines from the wind. However, the bay at the her ramp was still locked up so no boats out of there this weekend yet. Imagery from yesterday somewhat confirmed this, but it was hard to tell for sure. Today looks to be a good imagery day!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84