Pheasant taxidermist

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
I shot the ND state record ditch parrot and would like to get it mounted. I live in SE ND, I don't care if I get it back the day after I drop it off but I don't want to wait 2 years either. Location of taxidermist doesn't matter as much. I'm just looking for someone who does good work.

recommendations, pics of birds that have been done by recommended taxidermist if possible AND GO!!!

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
years ago I took a wood duck to this guy in MN. it was probably 1988 or so. He is a world champion waterfowl taxidermist. Saw some of his work on display somewhere and it was absolutely amazing. The woodie he did for me was nothing short of perfection. I would highly recommend this guy. I think he only had my bird four to six months tops. I was shocked how fast I got it back. Price was very good at the time.
http://www.northstartaxidermy.com/about.html

- - - Updated - - -

I should add that the mount looks as great today as it did in 1988. Which is beyond amazing I think

fly2cast

Founding Member
Founding Member
What makes it a state record? Who keeps track of that stat?

Fish-tastic

Founding Member
Founding Member
Rockin Rick Acker, Grand Forks. Excellent work
Rough Rider Gamebirds

Last edited:

Rustywaterdogs

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a pheasant from last year at Rick's shop Roughrider Gamebirds. From looking at the birds in his studio it looks like he does really good work. He is pretty popular so it will take some time. He was 12 to 18 months out when I dropped mine off last January.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
Stack Slough?

Always

- - - Updated - - -

What makes it a state record? Who keeps track of that stat?

No idea. But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. For real though: My 12.5 year old black lab flushed a rooster and hen, the last 2 birds of the last day of the season and I one shot killed this rooster which my dog promptly retrieved from the ice on the frozen slough straight south of where my ancestors homesteaded. He's been an awesome dog, and even this year he would still grind with me. However I'm not so sure at over 13 years old, he will be able to hunt next season. Bird has decent spurs and a 22" plus tail and most importantly I want to mount it in memory of my dog. So yeah.

GSP

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had a bird done by Geb's in Fargo and he did great work. Frenchy in Minot is also very good. Cant go wrong with any of the above mentioned either. Just my 2 cents...

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm throwing the 3 guys that recommended me to Rick up above under the bus.

Hahahaha! Don't mean to laugh at your situation, but it's kinda funny.

You should join the motley crew, grab a pitchfork and march to GF to demand some satisfaction. At the very least, maybe you could get your deposit and state record ditch parrot back.

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've heard some talk/rumors that you may never get your bird back from roughrider gamebirds or you could be waiting a very long time;).

But seriously if I were you after read the other forum topic I would try diligently to get a hold of him and get your bird back and take it to somebody else.

Last edited:

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorry to hear of your fricken luck.

I shot a 28 inch big boy a few years back, I brought the bird to a local outdoor store for a longest feather contest, of which he plucked the longest tail feather out, and I ended up taking 2nd, and not mounting the damn bird...

I have not even come close to that since. I think 24 or so has been my biggest. Hoping to get a 28'r again someday.

I did at least get to eat it, which is more than you Rick guys are ending up with...:;:stirthepot

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 31
  • This month: 21
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11
  • This month: 10
  • This month: 10