Pork Sausage Recipes

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've got a case of boneless pork butts on the way to make up some sausage. This will be pure pork sausage. Just curious if anyone can recommend some good pre-mixed seasoning for some breakfast sausage. I've always wanted to try the hot breakfast sausage mix from Owens BBQ but haven't heard much about it. Any other thoughts on some good pre-mixed seasonings for breakfast sausage or any recipes anyone would be willing to share? This will be used for patties and links.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I haven't tried the hot breakfast from Owens, but anything Owens is good!

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have always made the hot pork sausage. I get my seasoning at valley store supply in minot. Right next to valley meats. I believe it's it the a/c legs brand. But not sure on what number.

Also made the grandpa josh(I think that's the name) maple this year. It is awesome in my opinion

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
Agree, pepper, garlic, touch of liquid smoke, and salt. Cased I’m natural casings. I can get recipe tomorrow if interested.

jake57

Founding Member
Founding Member
Leo's breakfast sausage mix. 25lbs. meat, one pack of mix, add garlic water using fresh garlic, mix and done. The best

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Agree, pepper, garlic, touch of liquid smoke, and salt. Cased I’m natural casings. I can get recipe tomorrow if interested.
I would be interested if you're willing to share.

Bauer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will second the AC Leggs #10, it has been my favorite so far, has just the right amount of heat for using in gravy for biscuits and takes breakfast sandwhiches to the next level.

mikef

★★★ Legendary Member
Leo's breakfast sausage mix. 25lbs. meat, one pack of mix, add garlic water using fresh garlic, mix and done. The best
I also use leos. I do add 1/4 cup garlic powder and a little black powder

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
I also use leos. I do add 1/4 cup garlic powder and a little black powder
I like leos also.... Add some diced garlic, Jalips, fresh ground black peppper, cheddar cheese. I dont really like breakfast sausage tho. Im more of a fan of country style sausage.

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Liquid smoke should be outlawed. That stuff is terrible.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Butcher Block Mandan has a lot of different seasonings. I still use Geingers seasonings get it at Stella's boutique on main in Bismarck and than we add more salt, pepper, fresh ground garlic, mustard seed to taste more or country style make patties and links. I have tried other friend's reciepe's for fun too dont have them handy. Have also used Bearded Butchers Blend online is good

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
50# batch we usually do 50/50 deer to pork, but all pork is good too. Blend together 1/4 cup of ground black pepper, 1/4 cup tender quick, 12-15 cloves garlic, and yes a splash of liquid smoke along with a cup and a half water. Mix well into the meat. This is a good starting point but may be too much pepper for some. We usually add more garlic but be careful. It can get out of hand quick, big tipping point. I’d consider this a country style/polish sausage more than a breakfast sausage. But the patties are great for breakfast.

I do agree liquid smoke generally isn’t something I want to use. But it makes a good difference in sausage imo.

Either way, I’d scale that way down and try some before going with a big batch.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88