Price of land just keeps going

Wally World

★★ Legendary Member
That goes for trees and carbon capture too , I don't agree with these programs but having local, home grown good old boys for neighbors is very important to me . I'd rather have any one of you guys on here for a neighboring land owner rather that some rich prick from elsewhere in the world who is buying up land for these programs. I'm just pointing out whats going on, there is money out there and these programs are already funded, no matter if we agree with them or not . You guys need to wise up and leave politics out of this equation before we are surrounded with people who we don't have anything in common with. Look west , it's coming like a storm.
There is NO free lunch. Who do you think is paying for all of these Gov. welfare programs? If the Gov. gives out money don't you think they have many strings attached? If you want land so bad just save up and go buy your own piece of land and leave the rotten Gov. out of it! There is NO free lunch!

woodduck30

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I was told "no free lunches" when I was growing up. That was a lie! Plenty of free lunches out there.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is NO free lunch. Who do you think is paying for all of these Gov. welfare programs? If the Gov. gives out money don't you think they have many strings attached? If you want land so bad just save up and go buy your own piece of land and leave the rotten Gov. out of it! There is NO free lunch!

I understand and feel where your coming from , there is no such thing as free lunch. Every tax I pay reminds me who is funding the Gov. and no, I don't want any more land . My reference was about locals who have looked at hunting land and/or sloughs but found out it wasn't feasible. There are conservation programs out there, like it or not we are paying for them. Of ALL the fed money getting flushed down the toilet , I'm happy that at least a trickle of my money goes towards conservation programs.

From Senate Ag.
"Farm programs specifically, such as vital farm risk management tools and voluntary incentive-based conservation programs, are projected to represent more than three-tenths of one percent of total federal government spending." They always package the "deals" Conservation and IRA is 0.12% of 2.4%

But anyway , It would be fun to hear what ever became of some of those sloughs and hunting parcels and what state the new owners were from and if the property was later enrolled in a conservation contract. Just saying it's worth penciling into the equation to get it a little closer to feasible. Might have to get creative and get a few buddies together and put it in a trust and grow a big garden.

https://www.agriculture.senate.gov/...lysis-the-may-2023-farm-bill-scoring-baseline

Last edited:

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
It was my form I started and if Camper truly believes what it thinks no wonder the world is sheet hole with president we have and no the world was whole lot better after Trump came in and takes no shit. You will see for sure when election days came around. Don't forget to give couple billion to Dems doing the world a fantastic job a no 1#

I’m no English wizard, but your grammar is hard to follow most of the time.

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm getting things lined up to plant another 850 trees on my quarter next spring. SD Game and Fish is going to pay 75% out of their "Woody Habitat" program, which I believe is funded by hunting license sales. I guess that's still kind of a "tax", but one I can get along with.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
FWS easements are paid with duck stamp dollars. So duck hunters are footing the bill to keep a little bit of that habitat. Good way to recoup some investment into a property. Most of us dont want to till and drain every square inch like new farmers maximizing acres. I dont consider that welfare...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84