Price of land just keeps going

roamer on dl

Bismarck has certainly changed in the last 20 years with the amount of $$ flowing around. Oil definitely changed things and there just seems to be way more disposable income then when I was a kid. There are also a lot more families with good duel incomes of $100k+ each. It makes a giant difference if the wife is a pharmacist rather than a stay at home mom or secretary.

You look at all the good land along the Heart river, and it's almost entirely owned/leased by guys from Bismarck now. Oil guys and business owners.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
It was my form I started and if Camper truly believes what it thinks no wonder the world is sheet hole with president we have and no the world was whole lot better after Trump came in and takes no shit. You will see for sure when election days came around. Don't forget to give couple billion to Dems doing the world a fantastic job a no 1#

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I could use a water well... what kind of deal?
The only help with water wells that I know of from the State are under their drought water supply program from ND Dept of Water Resources for cattle. I don't think you are planning on running cattle out there, are you?

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
There’s a ranch in SE MT of 110 sections on the market for 40 million. That’s close to $400,000 a section of non tillable sketchy pasture land. Nuckin futs

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would like to buy a slough ground and turn it into a tech pond for dog training. Even finding that is tough down here.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would like to buy a slough ground and turn it into a tech pond for dog training. Even finding that is tough down here.
problem ive found is a slew usually comes with 80 to 160 acres and puts it out of my price range.

Wally World

★★ Legendary Member
Where is all this money coming from all of a sudden? The Fed Gov. just keeps printing fiat money and waters down the purchasing power of the dollar. 33 Trillion in dept and going up daily. Also China and foreign investors are buying up much land in America because the politicians have sold us out. This country is in deep shit!

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I remember 30 years ago people saying our country is in deep shit...yet here we are.....maybe?

watson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Where is all this money coming from all of a sudden? The Fed Gov. just keeps printing fiat money and waters down the purchasing power of the dollar. 33 Trillion in dept and going up daily. Also China and foreign investors are buying up much land in America because the politicians have sold us out. This country is in deep shit!
The money isn't all of a sudden, there was unbelievable amounts of free money handed out at the end of trumps term. That's not a dig at trump, just a fact that this money isn't new

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
You guys that are looking for sloughs and hunting land, check out the wetland reserve program at NRCS. They will pay you 75% the land value for a 30 year easement and if any dirt work has been done in the past to drain the wetland they will cost share to put in a ditch plug to raise the water level back to where it was historically . The only stipulation is you can't build permanent structures on the land or use it for pasture. You can hunt or guide or what ever else you want to do with the land. Some people hate easements but I say if the glove fits your hand, wear it.

Wally World

★★ Legendary Member
You guys that are looking for sloughs and hunting land, check out the wetland reserve program at NRCS. They will pay you 75% the land value for a 30 year easement and if any dirt work has been done in the past to drain the wetland they will cost share to put in a ditch plug to raise the water level back to where it was historically . The only stipulation is you can't build permanent structures on the land or use it for pasture. You can hunt or guide or what ever else you want to do with the land. Some people hate easements but I say if the glove fits your hand, wear it.
Sounds like another welfare program! This is just one more reason we are in deep shit! Gov. is the problem!

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
bah humbug, you have a piss poor attitude toward local hunters ownership of land IMO. I didn't write the program I'm Just trying to help out some fellow sportsmen who otherwise could NEVER afford to purchase a wetland because all wetlands have a negative cash flow.

Would you rather see multi millionaires buy every stitch of wetland that comes up for sale for this very reason ? Or would you rather try to help someone with just a few bucks who would truly appreciate owning just a few acres ? The money is set aside for preserving wetlands that won't change, nothing you or I can do about that. take a hike.

Last edited:

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
That goes for trees and carbon capture too , I don't agree with these programs but having local, home grown good old boys for neighbors is very important to me . I'd rather have any one of you guys on here for a neighboring land owner rather that some rich prick from elsewhere in the world who is buying up land for these programs. I'm just pointing out whats going on, there is money out there and these programs are already funded, no matter if we agree with them or not . You guys need to wise up and leave politics out of this equation before we are surrounded with people who we don't have anything in common with. Look west , it's coming like a storm.

Last edited:

MULEDEER

Established Member
Davey may be thinking about the same thing as me but I believe a grass land easement is about the same thing but gives you more flexibility. Say you buy a quarter with 20 acres of slough plant grass on the good land that can be hayed or grazed and still have good cover in the slough areas.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yes, it is my understanding they can break the contract, but you cannot.

Around 1960 i remember my folks sign a contract with Game and Fish for 1120 acres to never burn or drain. At the dinner table they were discussing this, and dad said he will never drain or burn. Got $3,000 and bought a new 1960 DeSoto, white, Adventure, remember the car well. Said a 99-year lease.

And i thought yes dad, you will never drain or burn. I knew him better at a young age than he knew himself. db

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84