Project ideas for a 13yo

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
a tad nit picky here... but, why do you have the roof ribs running opposite to the roof slope? if no good reason, now might be a good time to fix it. or just do classic shingles if you don't have the ridge/edge cappy thing a ma jiggers.

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
a tad nit picky here... but, why do you have the roof ribs running opposite to the roof slope? if no good reason, now might be a good time to fix it. or just do classic shingles if you don't have the ridge/edge cappy thing a ma jiggers.
I see what you're looking at...final picture looks sloped, but it is an illusion. Ribs are running correct direction if you look at first pic.

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
ShadowHunter sandwiches hardware cloth between the floor joists and the plywood to reduce squeaks and mouseproofing. Works fantastic.
I used liquid nails to glue the 3/4" plywood floor to the 2x6 joists, along with many screws. I also calked every seam. I would be surprised if it ever squeaks.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not fun I have tried what alot of you had said hit and miss on that deal.

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm going to get Elevator brackets (the real ones, not the 1/2 price Chinese knock offs) and 4x4s to elevate it 6 to 8 feet.
What do you tower blind guys do to anchor them?
- I was thinking big-time earth anchors, steel cable, and turnbuckles, but am open to ideas.

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm going to get Elevator brackets (the real ones, not the 1/2 price Chinese knock offs) and 4x4s to elevate it 6 to 8 feet.
What do you tower blind guys do to anchor them?
- I was thinking big-time earth anchors, steel cable, and turnbuckles, but am open to ideas.
The one tower blind came with a trailer house type anchor cable and a turn buckle. Placed it directly in the center under the bli d and it hasn't moved yet. And it was anchored into some pretty sandy dirt

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's pretty much done. We rolled it outside the other day using two galvanized conduit pipes. It just made it under the 8 ft overhead door. Probably going to put another coat of Deckover on it. 1 gallon made it, but it's a bit thin in some spots.

20240309_143029.jpg

The blue on the windows is just the protective film. I may leave that on until it's in place. Any thoughts on applying window tint to the windows?

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
agree no tint - antiglare film would be better

plastic has high reflectivity - can be a real drag

I don’t have plastic closed unless I have to.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84