Rem. 870 Express - Super Mag

lazyMlazyK

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, the JB fix didn't solve the problem, at least not yet. About 10 rounds in, the spent shells started locking up the action again. Might have to borrow my wifes' 870 for the rest of the season. Haven't had any luck tracking down a replacement 870 Express Super Mag barrel šŸ˜‘

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Would love to get an inertia-driven semiauto one days, but they sure don't give 'em away!

The modern semi-auto shotguns are nothing short of awesome, whether they are inertia-driven or gas. I shoot a Benelli M2 and the son has a Berreta. We use them for sporting clays in the summer and hunting in the fall, it's amazing at how many rounds we put through them without problems.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, the JB fix didn't solve the problem, at least not yet. About 10 rounds in, the spent shells started locking up the action again. Might have to borrow my wifes' 870 for the rest of the season. Haven't had any luck tracking down a replacement 870 Express Super Mag barrel šŸ˜‘
Open the action. Use a finger to manipulate the extractor back and forth to feel if its "gritty". If it is, at least flush it with brake/carb cleaner. Better would be to remove it, clean everything with q-tips and pipe-cleaners then re-assemble.

lazyMlazyK

Founding Member
Founding Member
Open the action. Use a finger to manipulate the extractor back and forth to feel if its "gritty". If it is, at least flush it with brake/carb cleaner. Better would be to remove it, clean everything with q-tips and pipe-cleaners then re-assemble.
I took your advice before the hunt on Saturday. The spring had a little gunk on it but not too bad. I don't belive that did much for me, unfortunately.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88