SB 2315 - Sneaky Underhanded BS

njsimonson

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know this sounds insane, but I just received word (while on vacation) that in the late hours of this likely final day of the session, they are attempting to add SB 2315 to SB 2015 (another unrelated appropriations bill) which will be up for a vote TONIGHT.

Anyone who reads this needs to email their legislators NOW and tell them to vote no the vote will come between now and 10pm tonight.

SENATE EMAILS -- hcanderson@nd.gov, jbakke@nd.gov, bbekkedahl@nd.gov, raburckhard@nd.gov, dclemens@nd.gov, dcook@nd.gov, kdavison@nd.gov, ddever@nd.gov, jdotzenrod@nd.gov, madwyer@nd.gov, jayelkin@nd.gov, rfors@nd.gov, jgrabinger@nd.gov, jheckaman@nd.gov, khogan@nd.gov, dhogue@nd.gov, rholmberg@nd.gov, jkannianen@nd.gov, jklein@nd.gov, kkrebsbach@nd.gov, ckreun@nd.gov, olarsen@nd.gov, dklarson@nd.gov, galee@nd.gov, jlee@nd.gov, lluick@nd.gov, rmarcellais@nd.gov, tmathern@nd.gov, scottmeyer@nd.gov, jmyrdal@nd.gov, eoban@nd.gov, doehlke@nd.gov, aosland@nd.gov, dpatten@nd.gov, mpiepkorn@nd.gov, npoolman@nd.gov, lrobinson@nd.gov, jroers@nd.gov, kroers@nd.gov, drust@nd.gov, dgschaible@nd.gov, rsorvaag@nd.gov, svedaa@nd.gov, tmwanzek@nd.gov, rwardner@nd.gov

HOUSE EMAILS -- mkadams@nd.gov;bertanderson@nd.gov; dickanderson@nd.gov; pkanderson@nd.gov; tbeadle@nd.gov; rcbecker@nd.gov; lbellew@nd.gov; jblum@nd.gov; tboe@nd.gov;gdbosch@nd.gov; jboschee@nd.gov; mbrandenburg@nd.gov; rbuffalo@nd.gov; cdamschen@nd.gov; jdelzer@nd.gov; bdevlin@nd.gov; gdobervich@nd.gov; jddockter@nd.gov; meidson@nd.gov; sertelt@nd.gov; cfegley@nd.gov; jayfisher@nd.gov; jgrueneich@nd.gov; rguggisberg@nd.gov; lbhager@nd.gov; krhanson@nd.gov; phatlestad@nd.gov; cheadland@nd.gov; pdheinert@nd.gov; rholman@nd.gov;jahoverson@nd.gov; mchowe@nd.gov; craigjohnson@nd.gov; djohnson@nd.gov; marycjohnson@nd.gov; dljohnston@nd.gov; tbjones@nd.gov; tkading@nd.gov; kkarls@nd.gov; jkasper@nd.gov;gkeiser@nd.gov; kkempenich@nd.gov; dhkiefert@nd.gov; lklemin@nd.gov; bkoppelman@nd.gov; kkoppelman@nd.gov; gkreidt@nd.gov; vrlaning@nd.gov; mlefor@nd.gov; dlongmuir@nd.gov;sclouser@nd.gov; jmagrum@nd.gov; amarschall@nd.gov; bmartinson@nd.gov; amcwilliams@nd.gov; lmeier@nd.gov; amitskog@nd.gov;crmock@nd.gov; dmonson@nd.gov; mrnathe@nd.gov; jonelson@nd.gov; menelson@nd.gov; eobrien@nd.gov; mowens@nd.gov; bpaulson@nd.gov;gpaur@nd.gov; cpollert@nd.gov; tkporter@nd.gov; bpyle@nd.gov; dwrichter@nd.gov;sroersjones@nd.gov; kmrohr@nd.gov; druby@nd.gov;mruby@nd.gov; masanford@nd.gov; blsatrom@nd.gov; mischatz@nd.gov; aschauer@nd.gov; jeschmidt@nd.gov; mschneider@nd.gov; rschobinger@nd.gov; cschreiberbeck@nd.gov; lsimons@nd.gov; kskroch@nd.gov; vsteiner@nd.gov; mstrinden@nd.gov; nptoman@nd.gov; wtrottier@nd.gov; btveit@nd.gov; smvetter@nd.gov;dwvigesaa@nd.gov; rweisz@nd.gov; gwestlind@nd.gov;dzubke@nd.gov

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
You’ve got to be $&@%#++*^><~£¥€ kidding me...

Those fucking pricks

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
How can this legally even happen?

these are really the yahoos we have representing us?
I mean seriously the sneaky backdoor BS has really really opened my eyes to who is “ leading us”

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a guy who has a guy in a chamber at the capitol. I inquired about the attempt to attach SB2315 to SB2015. The is the response I received:

“The Senate refused to concur with the house version. So a conference committee was appointed. The senate members include the chairman of the Senate appropriations committee the Senate majority leader and the Senate minority leader. The house conferees include House Majority Leader the house appropriations committee chairman and the Democrat minority floor leader. Those are pretty heavy hitters.“

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I Asked for some clarification:

“When the two houses don’t agree on the same version, they appoint a conference committee. Three members from each house including two majority members and one minority member from each house. Usually the majority and minority floor leaders and appropriations committee chairman are not included in any conference committees. With them being involved in this caseMeans something big is happening.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a guy who has a guy in a chamber at the capitol. I inquired about the attempt to attach SB2315 to SB2015. The is the response I received:

“The Senate refused to concur with the house version. So a conference committee was appointed. The senate members include the chairman of the Senate appropriations committee the Senate majority leader and the Senate minority leader. The house conferees include House Majority Leader the house appropriations committee chairman and the Democrat minority floor leader. Those are pretty heavy hitters.“
I dont care how heavy of hitters they are. This is down right bullshit

njsimonson

Founding Member
Founding Member
“The Senate refused to concur with the house version."

That can't be for a NO vote that goes final in the house...

I've received 2 stating this was just a rumor and that 2015 is up for discussion now with no additions, one that stated the rider was 1021.

njsimonson

Founding Member
Founding Member
The bill just went through the Senate with NO addition.

We'll see what the house does, but we've got one to go!

Obligatory Sturgeon Pic:

My godson with his first!
IMG_1822.jpg

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Response from one of my reps:

“It was defeated in the house, but the study that was in 2315 was in the ITD bill and was passed out this evening.”

- - - Updated - - -

The bill just went through the Senate with NO addition.

We'll see what the house does, but we've got one to go!

Obligatory Sturgeon Pic:

My godson with his first!
IMG_1822.jpg

Oh no, the pic isn’t loading!! Those dirty bastards have sabotaged the site!!

njsimonson

Founding Member
Founding Member
2015 just left the senate with NO SB 2315 wording in it. Thanks to all who responded quickly. Even if it was just a rumor, it shows the strength of sportsmen. I've received 7 emails in response saying either that they'd vote no, or that it was not going to make it into 2015.

Gstur.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Word from the floor of the house as of 9:58pm tonight is - DEAD. Appropriations Bill 2015 was passed with NO SB 2315 language in it. Rest well tonight.

Thank you all for your vigilance and continued efforts to preserve access for hunting, fishing and and outdoors recreation this session - right down to the wire.

NM 24

Founding Member
Founding Member
I received responses from multiple members of the legislature that SB 2015 was passed without any addition of SB 2315 language and such was a bad rumor. I also received responses that land access database and electronic posting comittee study language was in the IT bill passed which I believe was HB 1021.

Coyote Hunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wrote all the House members and received immediate word from a few that it was false.

I also got a response from Rep
Bob Martinson in Bismarck that "You need a life".

If you are in his district... vote this guy out. I am amazed and pissed at the response.

Here is what I wrote that got that response...
Representatives,

I know the House voted down SB 2315 today. I watched all the testimony today and am pleased it was voted down. I came home tonight to a rumor that some shady, backhanded attempt is being made to resurrect this bill. I cannot state how angry and disappointed I will be if there is another vote on this. The people have spoken and do not want this "trespass law". If this is ram-rodded through at the final hour there will be many angry voters. Please let this bill die..

I am surprised to see that he voted against the bill...​

Last edited:

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
Coyote hunter, this would be a great opportunity to inform Mr. martinson that the affairs and business within north dakota, including policy making are in fact “our life” and to think otherwise as an elected official reflect very poorly on himself as an elected official chosen to represent the wishes of our “life” and way of life.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Coyote hunter, this would be a great opportunity to inform Mr. martinson that the affairs and business within north dakota, including policy making are in fact “our life” and to think otherwise as an elected official reflect very poorly on himself as an elected official chosen to represent the wishes of our “life” and way of life.

^^This^^

Martinson is an asshat who has been in for WAAAAY too long. Please save that email and let's make sure it becomes public when he runs again. What a d-bag.

cobbwubs

100% Agree. I don’t post often, but it’s BS like Martinson’s response that’ll get me motivated to speak up. When politicians openly criticize citizens for exercising their right and duty to engage in the processes of government, it is time for them to go. I am not a resident of ND anymore, but having followed the related threads, forwarded my thoughts to my family and friends over the last few months inviting them to respond, I’ve stayed as connected as I can to the state I love so that when I permanently return someday, it is still recognizable.

I’m sickened to hear an elected official responding this way. I’m sure there is some newspaper, blogger, or group of concerned citizens who’d be interested in his email response. If pushed I’m sure the response will be “the staffer responsible for the response had been yada yada yada”.

I am grateful to be able to return to ND, hunt waterfowl like I did the first 21 years as a local, meeting new and reconnecting with farmers and landowners regardless of whether I obtain permission to hunt. I am also grateful for Nodakangler, and this community’s commitment to being thoughtfully engaged. Keep it up!

Last edited:

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Vollmer we need to get the list of how these guys voted as a sticky so we have access to it for next election. Then we all need to help all districts remove these clowns next election. How would you guys feel about forming a statewide hunter/fishermen group that can really bring the hammer down on this type of shit. One that is official and legit. One that can bring some fear to the clowns

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84