Scheels shooting in Eden Prairie

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
[FONT=&quot]Eden Prairie Police on Tuesday said their preliminary investigation indicates the 19-year-old man asked a store employee to see a semi-automatic handgun in the gun department. When the employee handed the unloaded weapon to the man, he fled across the store toward the archery area while loading the handgun and then fired a single shot. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Police believe the man brought his own ammunition into the store.[/FONT]

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Great....now they're going to make you do a body cavity search before handling firearms in the store.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Some folks are determined, I haven’t the 1st clue how one might begin to attempt to stop something like this.

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Some folks are determined, I haven’t the 1st clue how one might begin to attempt to stop something like this.

I can see cable locks on all handguns.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
You won't even be able to buy ammo in the same building as the firearms are in

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
when BPS took over cabelas they required trigger locks on all guns. When I asked why I was told by an employee this same thing happened at one of their stores so they made it a company policy to not be allowed to take the trigger locks off until they are leaving the store. I hope scheels does not go this route but I bet they will be forced to.

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
At least he only took himself out. Still a shitty thing to do to the cleaning staff.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree, at least he didn't shoot or kill anyone else first. Doing himself in first only hurt his family and friends mentally.
He could of went to the ammo first and took a bullet out of a box then went and asked to see a gun.
Now all ammo will be locked up and you will have to ask for it.
All guns will have trigger locks on.
If the stores selling these items don't implement the above policies themselves (or their insurance company makes them)the federal government will make them do it.

Last edited:

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Someone will sue Scheels for millions of $$$$ for this.

Just like the family that sued Ford Motor Company for 1.7 billion for making 5.7 million pickups with weak roofs.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Blame the store, gun manufacturer, ammo manufacturer, anyone but the batshit crazy mfer that pulled this stunt.

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My local sport shop has a basement gun range for folks to demo new firearms,zero optic's etc....waiting to hear iffin this store will change they're demo policy.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I say clean up aisle 3 and carry on. Thankful the guy only took himself out, wish all these idiots would have the guts to take themselves out instead of innocent people or forcing someone else to do it for them. Maybe a free gun use service to off yourself should be set up. Make em sign a release form and enter a holding room that can be easily hosed down. Just a thought might be cold but wtf do I care if someone wants to end their life as long as they don't take someone else with them.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
I say clean up aisle 3 and carry on. Thankful the guy only took himself out, wish all these idiots would have the guts to take themselves out instead of innocent people or forcing someone else to do it for them. Maybe a free gun use service to off yourself should be set up. Make em sign a release form and enter a holding room that can be easily hosed down. Just a thought might be cold but wtf do I care if someone wants to end their life as long as they don't take someone else with them.
I feel its wrong to laugh at this. But I definitely laughed at this.

BrewCrew

★★★★ Legendary Member
This happened back in the 80's at the Scheels when it was on south University Drive here in Fargo. That is why all the long guns have trigger locks and the hand guns are under lock and key. The incident was caught on camera - the individual came into the store, loaded one round in a .22 rifle and proceeded to shoot himself in the foot. Then attempted to sue Scheels - failed BTW.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 182
  • This month: 159
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 65
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57