Shop/man cave project

ORCUS DEMENS

Founding Member
Founding Member
Excellent work. Was the barn siding sourced onsite or did you have to scrounge from other locations?

Dad

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wow! Now that is super nice and congrats for such great ideas too!
Did you do the work or hired out?

friends and family built - I paid for in concrete plumbing, concrete pour, electrical
feed, and boiler install is all. Captain Arab was big help on inside work one weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

Excellent work. Was the barn siding sourced onsite or did you have to scrounge from other locations?

all the interior finish’s were a result of me calling my dad to go looking. He found an old barn and the bin from an old farm yard back home and the bulk of the tin was from our old family hog barns. I did a lot of math to make sure I had enough as it’s not stuff you can get at menards. It saved me a ton in materials costs, but a lot of time to pull supplies and reinstall

Founding Member
Founding Member
How cool is that!
Hell of a nice job!:;:thumbsup :;:cheers

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
You must not have had to clean enough moldy/dusty grain bins. I’d rather shit my pants than step foot in that bathroom!

just kidding......kinda. Thanks for following up with pictures. There seems to be several of these threads on each forum and no one ever shares pictures or follows up. Awesome idea. Excellent work

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
You must not have had to clean enough moldy/dusty grain bins. I’d rather shit my pants than step foot in that bathroom!

just kidding......kinda. Thanks for following up with pictures. There seems to be several of these threads on each forum and no one ever shares pictures or follows up. Awesome idea. Excellent work

LOL,

I have said this about many things in my life, but in all seriousness, I cant think of anything I have done and hated more than shitting my pants..

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well thought out and original concept. Great work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thriller1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks for the info DAD, A basement upgrade is on the drawing board for me.

Getting ready to redo my whole basement as well. Youngest just moved out and the wife and I are now empty nesters. I know how to do the work but I don't have any ideas of what I want.

ORCUS DEMENS

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thriller, the only advice I can give is start on paper, research, draw again and research some more. Once the hammer hits the nail, do not change or the cost will exponentially grow.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Getting ready to redo my whole basement as well. Youngest just moved out and the wife and I are now empty nesters. I know how to do the work but I don't have any ideas of what I want.

If your wife is like the millions of other wives, she will come up with plenty of ideas of\on her own. ;:;rofl Good luck.

Dad, looks great. :;:thumbsup Question I have is, did you use any sound proofing inside the pooper or is it just the tin inside? If no sound proofing will you be supplying ear pugs for everyone, when someone has to go sit on the "Thunder jug"? :;:smokin

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
If your wife is like the millions of other wives, she will come up with plenty of ideas of\on her own. ;:;rofl Good luck.

Dad, looks great. :;:thumbsup Question I have is, did you use any sound proofing inside the pooper or is it just the tin inside? If no sound proofing will you be supplying ear pugs for everyone, when someone has to go sit on the "Thunder jug"? :;:smokin

He installed a low volume toilet.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Stripper pole or two.:::

Buckmaster

Founding Member
Founding Member
shop.jpg
loving that tin in your man cave. Here is mine i finished up. the barn door room is hunting gear storage and where the African skulls are is going to be my reloading/archery room. Might have to take that old tin idea for in there. i hope to get that finished this winter or next.

Dad

Founding Member
Founding Member

It is my man cave and a shop- so I take great pride in what kinda of sound I can make in the bin lol! Honestly it is not bad at all, I have barn wood on the walls inside and can say it is not an issue. If you can make it loud enough to echo, free beer all day....

- - - Updated - - -

ABA27F8C-D68C-4A2C-86EA-68C8D67A2EE6.jpg

as you can see, I have an internal dog kennel so my hunting dog can came in and sleep on the floor heat. I think you can see where I may take the next step on the kennel with some brass.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88