Snows

fnznfwl

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh my,"slow your roll" on our boy dean,he means well and has some interesting insight on occassion,I enjoy the reports as we don't have a migration here in central Mn to speak of.

No shit, thats why all the blueplaters have been over here in full force.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Big push on right now. It was slow on the ground but once the clouds cleared wave after wave of geese could be seen up high and cruising.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tough being at work during these times...heard quite a few flocks of snows go over when I was walking the dog this morning about 6 in Bismarck.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last night 10:30 to 11 while I was outside it was non stop snows over Bis. Damn! Hope there is a few left by the weekend! Could be great hunting if a guy finds a greeny hole somewhere.

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
There were a couple thousand snows around Whiteshield last Saturday. If anybody wants geese, there are thousands on the East side of Van Hook.

measure-it

Founding Member
Founding Member
(Tues 10/31--2pm) Just got back from the Moffit/Long Lake area: Thousands of snows and lessers have moved in the last couple of days. They seem to be at the Eastern half of the lake. A few specks left, but VERY FEW sandhills. Also, a couple of nice flocks of mallards.

snowkiller

Founding Member
Founding Member
There were a couple thousand snows around Whiteshield last Saturday. If anybody wants geese, there are thousands on the East side of Van Hook.

Dont post exact locations,now everyone in the state will be there and thats where i hunt.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
There are flocks about every three miles along the route I drove yesterday so there's like 8 bajillion options right now so its not going to be a lack of options for a very short while here till we lock up. only problem is the God damn things never seem to use the same field twice. It's a bitch trying to find anything but pure snows though.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
There are flocks about every three miles along the route I drove yesterday so there's like 8 bajillion options right now so its not going to be a lack of options for a very short while here till we lock up. only problem is the God damn things never seem to use the same field twice. It's a bitch trying to find anything but pure snows though.

Very true, I call them the Lottery bird...you're going to lose a lot but when you win it's big. Seems you pretty much just have to be in an area they're using and hope they fly by.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tried to find a field for the morning and once again every flock I saw yesterday were in completely different locations today. They flock I set up on yesterday did a straight 180 and headed out the other side of the roost and today they had jumped a mile and a half to another field. Did find a few pretty good duck spots so at least there's that. Also saw a couple old timers doing the good old ditch hogging technique on a flock that had gotten too close to the road. Love the fact that they were wearing an old school camo that they had clearly been wearing since the 80s but driving a Cadillac Escalade! Not sure how it worked out but definitely might be the cause of some of the flock shifting I've been seeing. But oh well at least somebody was getting them and definitely did look fun. Although they were going to be within 300 yards of a house.

Last edited:

fnznfwl

Founding Member
Founding Member
North Central part of the state is emptying quick from what I saw last night vs this morning. I would expect everything to be around hwy 200 and south come the weekend.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Stepped out the back door to sweep the snow off the deck that the wind blew there last night. 17 degrees out with the wind chill at 1. Lots of geese and ducks flying south over Minot heading to the banana belt.

honkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
East end of Sak is crawling with snows right now. Big flicks everywhere you look.

- - - Updated - - -

Flocks not flicks. Dang spell correct!

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Haven't seen any on the ground down on the rez but have seen a number of midsized flocks up high and migrating the last two days. The odd part is they were all going north. Seen that many times with the honkers but its definitely a bit of a first as far as snows go.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Shit ton down here had 10000 or so land a field over from the one we were hunting ducks in. My kid thought that was cool he had never been that close to how loud they are

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 172
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 65
  • This month: 62
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 56