Strikemaster Problem

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Hey guys I have a strikemaster lazer mag that has almost 2 seasons on it. First time out this year, the auger started spinning while the auger was just idling. Even spins a little bit when pulling the rope.

Powerhead is wobbly/loose when attached to the flight. Probably a result of a bad auger rack up on Winnipeg.

Is this a clutch issue?

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looking around on the net it sounds like one of the springs may have broken, this will cause the clutch to be engaged at all times.

Last edited:

gone_fishing

Founding Member
Founding Member
If the idle is too high, the drill will begin to turn but I've never seen one turn while pulling the starting rope.

There is a cap screw the holds the drill to the motor. When it's loose, it will cause a wobbly connection between the drill and motor. Mine was always coming loose so I put a little blue loctite on the screw.

Worst case call the guys at D-rock center. I spoke with them before when I needed a carb kit and they were very helpful: http://www.drockicecenter.com/contact-us-location/

Holmsvc

Founding Member
Founding Member
It sounds like the issue I had with mine a few years ago. It was the clutch

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Did you have to buy a whole new clutch? Or just springs? I've read that if I am replacing springs, better to do both at the same time.

dewey89

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sounds like clutch springs, my old eskimo did the same thing. I got new springs from a small engine repair place in Bismarck for under $10. I use a auger rack now that supports the powerhead now so I don't have the issue again.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 133
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 51