Technology Addiction....

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had a sausage making whing ding this past weekend with about 12 people and had my brother and my nephew with a couple of my nephews friends stay a couple nights. It was a blast, but I noticed something I couldn't quite wrap my noodle around. When we weren't actively making sausage, my brother and every one of the young folks were on their technodevices. They were supposed to be friends, but didn't hardly speak one word to each other. Even my own daughter was lost in space. I swear if the internet suddenly went down for more than 6 hours, we'd lose half the population to cardiac events due to panic. Says the guy sitting on the internet posting this observation. SMH. Anyway, I just thought it would have been better if the whole group would have talked more and interacted when we weren't working. Maybe I'm just too old school for todays modern ways. Carry On.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hear ya, bugs me when at gatherings or in the truck on the way fishing/hunting and all people can do is stare at their phones.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
I find it irritating also, but then at the same time, im often guilty of the same thing, if Im around people and they are having a conversation that doesnt interest me...

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can't quite wrap my noodle around this pixelated avatar.

1707167989748.png

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had a sausage making whing ding this past weekend with about 12 people and had my brother and my nephew with a couple of my nephews friends stay a couple nights. It was a blast, but I noticed something I couldn't quite wrap my noodle around. When we weren't actively making sausage, my brother and every one of the young folks were on their technodevices. They were supposed to be friends, but didn't hardly speak one word to each other. Even my own daughter was lost in space. I swear if the internet suddenly went down for more than 6 hours, we'd lose half the population to cardiac events due to panic. Says the guy sitting on the internet posting this observation. SMH. Anyway, I just thought it would have been better if the whole group would have talked more and interacted when we weren't working. Maybe I'm just too old school for todays modern ways. Carry On.
You are correct it is said with me being on work with all of it during weekends and nights I really try to limit it alot.

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Back in the day it was hell when your parents took the keys to your car.

Nowadays kids don't even care about that, but the world comes to a screeching halt if you take their phone away!!

I don't understand it.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Your right KDM, kids these days would be completely lost if things shutdown for a bit.I have this site and smoking meats that I frequent. Occasionally if going to make a purchase, I investigate it to death, but not when in the presence of others. Phone gets put away, I even ignore other texts and emails when shooting the breeze with friends or family.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Rolling Stones predicted it in the '60's. KISS did it better:

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member

Fear not, they were fully engaged. They were posting sausage fest pics to their snap stories and bookface and texting each other jokes about you.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Its sad I know. Seen a young family of five with the youngest about 6 all on their own phones all through dinner at a local dinner. Hardly a word spoken to each other. Makes you wonder. LB

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Last Christmas I had an icecream pail right by the kitchen door 3/4 full of water with an old cell phone laying on the bottom, you could not miss it. Never said a word to anyone and never seen a phone all day. LB

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Your right KDM, kids these days would be completely lost if things shutdown for a bit.I have this site and smoking meats that I frequent. Occasionally if going to make a purchase, I investigate it to death, but not when in the presence of others. Phone gets put away, I even ignore other texts and emails when shooting the breeze with friends or family.
Good on you, I am really trying to be better at this, and I am somewhat an old man compared to the lot.
mrs johnr and I have had a couple hours go by sitting in the living room, each of us on a phone, or iPad without a word said, its pathetic. Wonder if my phone will be sad when my day comes... :oops:

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Now I guess they have these goggles that you can wear all day and surf while walking, driving, etc. I saw a video of a woman in a new tesla truck with these things on waving her hands like she was typing and swiping. All while the darn truck was going down the road. WTF!! Not this guy. People are bad enough drivers without this thing. Be safe out there fellas. It's way crazy.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Unfortunately technology is only going to get even crazier since we can now implant microchips directly into our brains.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84