Telemarketers

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
I keep getting a call from the "dealer service center" about my 09 ford f150.... funny thing is I've never owned and f150... I've Googled the name dealer service center and it says it is located in belfield... if they call me again I may end up making a road trip to belfield...

Worst telemarketer of all time....or best because they piss me off worse than any of them. They always call me on cars I have owned but not for years. Where they get their info from I don't know but it's usually something I have owned just not for quite some time. I had an argument with one of their people because I told him if I'm ever going to get an extended warranty I'll get it through the dealership. He proceeded to yell at me that every dealership comes through them anyway and if I had any brains I would cut out the middleman. I lost it told him to get bent and I think it got me on some sort of list because it about tripled the amount of calls I got from them for awhile.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I had heard that Verizon sold their entire list of cell numbers for a substantial profit.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
It ticks me off that when you buy a hunting license out of state you start getting calls and mail from outfitters. It's hard being polite with the parasites.

tbobber

Founding Member
Founding Member
If the number comes in with a +1(701) it is a telemarketer an in state call will not have the +1.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It's not for everybody but instead of getting mad, having a little fun with them can be entertaining. Try a few different approaches and see which works the best or confuses them the most. As long as they're wasting your time you might as well waste theirs and get a chuckle out of the situation. If they get snotty and offensive just realize that you have been successful in pissing them off which is better than you being pissed.

This approach can make your day a little more fun.

weedy1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I must get a half dozen calls a week informing me that Windows on my computer has sent them a message about some problem. I launch into my Norwegian accent and thank them for calling because I have two windows that leak pretty bad and with the upcoming winter in "Nord Dakota" I should get them fixed. While they attempt to inform me this is a computer issue I just keep asking them which brands they handle, crank or slide opening, etc. I have heard some pretty profound cussing in numerous languages with this method.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
G, Do you get Ag. chemical calls ? I remember showing interest in some generic glyphosate many years ago (pre-computer days for me) This was a magazine with a checklist at the back and I checked the box more information by mail. This is the only contact I have had with a Non local Ag. company, Not sure if it's the same outfit but they don't understand the word NO.

some, mainly tool sales and statistic crap

- - - Updated - - -

It ticks me off that when you buy a hunting license out of state you start getting calls and mail from outfitters. It's hard being polite with the parasites.
;:;banghead

- - - Updated - - -

I must get a half dozen calls a week informing me that Windows on my computer has sent them a message about some problem. I launch into my Norwegian accent and thank them for calling because I have two windows that leak pretty bad and with the upcoming winter in "Nord Dakota" I should get them fixed. While they attempt to inform me this is a computer issue I just keep asking them which brands they handle, crank or slide opening, etc. I have heard some pretty profound cussing in numerous languages with this method.

Being of Norwegian descent, I am offended you chose the dialect of my people to portray an assumption of ignorance. If you actually adopt the name Ole or Swen in these endeavors I may have to find and old lutefisk bag and make a mask and protest

measure-it

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tell them you'd like to talk to them, but you need to put the phone down for a minute while you let the dog in. Then wait about 10 minutes, go back, if they're still there yell "SUCKER", and hang up. If there gone, you won.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
21317676_1551272908291914_311107296745405135_n.jpg

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just got a new one. Arrest warrant out of some town in Washington. I kind of want to call them back.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't know what work for me, but my land line never gets tele calls anymore. I just look at caller ID, If its 888 or 800 number I recognized as tele, I just pick up and hang up without saying a word, if they don't get after the first one, then I answer and play with them, get them off the subject or go awol on them...lol..then if the caller has accent you can't understand, trying talking in their accent with me no understand ok...me no understand you, I go now.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 29
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 21
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11