The itch is unbearable....

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't be in too much of a hurry to ice fish boys! Pheasant hunting, waterfowl, archery, soon rifle, open water is all upon us. The best time of the year is now! And, we should all know...living in the dakotas this weather is gorgeous! Suppose to be in 60s for two weeks around here. Don't wish this weather away...it'll be he!! soon enough.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would love to be fishing right now, but growing up is getting in the way. I can't even sneak out of work during day care hours because of too much to do. Oh well, better to be a has been then a never been.;) Ha ha, when the boys get a little older we will be out in force again.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would love to be fishing right now, but growing up is getting in the way. I can't even sneak out of work during day care hours because of too much to do. Oh well, better to be a has been then a never been.;) Ha ha, when the boys get a little older we will be out in force again.

I suppose I could be talked into a shallow water walleye beat down again?

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
monkey butt.jpgmonkey butt 2.png

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am going to hunt pheasants for another 6 to 10 weekends before I even start messing with the ice gear. Love walking with the GSP, it's a pleasure from start to finish.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably going to take the hog for a long ride yet this weekend too.

TheWalleye

Honored Member
https://www.facebook.com/TNTJIGS269/

Just ordered some tungsten from these guys, under 5mm is $1 and up is $1.5 - pretty great prices and they'll do custom work if you can find what you want or explain it well enough. I'll post a picture once i get my order (30 day turn around right now - but they're swamped).

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are those tungsten jigs still snapping at the hook? Heard there is smelting issues with these. If they're any good I'll put an order in of some unpainted ones. I don't use many jigs.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thought this was going to be about someone forgetting to have TP or Wet Wipes in their backpack whilst scouting the hinterlands for a deer.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't be in too much of a hurry to ice fish boys! Pheasant hunting, waterfowl, archery, soon rifle, open water is all upon us. The best time of the year is now! And, we should all know...living in the dakotas this weather is gorgeous! Suppose to be in 60s for two weeks around here. Don't wish this weather away...it'll be he!! soon enough.
Why should any of us not be wanting cold and ice. For me I prefer pheasant in colder Temps (less dickheads out at 0 ), enjoy hunting deer period, and the only fishing I get done I'd on the ice.
I hope this year I have some pics to share with everyone every weekend, fish or no fish.

- - - Updated - - -

Not starting an argument but I've been looking to ice season since July at this point.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm forcing myself to get a couple more projects done before I start getting ice gear ready. Unfortunately I can't seem to stop fishing now to get them done. Can't remember the last time I wanted it to stay warm longer.

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would be just fine if it iced up tomorrow. I love brisk weather and ice fishing more than anything. If I wasn't going deer hunting this weekend I'd have to get the boat out for sure.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Water temps are still almost 50, fished tuesday,wednesday,thursday and you know what I think I'm going to go and hook the boat up again this morning as well. #$%^&>
I've never seen the lakes stay glass this many days in a row in my life! That and the fishing has been darn good also! :)

TheWalleye

Honored Member
I'm forcing myself to get a couple more projects done before I start getting ice gear ready. Unfortunately I can't seem to stop fishing now to get them done. Can't remember the last time I wanted it to stay warm longer.

I have a buddy who lives in Williston and he said he's never seen a year like this on the Mo, to bad it wasn't like that in Bismarck. I kinda felt like an r-tard this year - wasn't able to catch shit and eventually gave up. :(

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a buddy who lives in Williston and he said he's never seen a year like this on the Mo, to bad it wasn't like that in Bismarck. I kinda felt like an r-tard this year - wasn't able to catch shit and eventually gave up. :(

Things were held up a bit with all the dirty water. I've seen better but there is definitely fish to be caught. With the nice weather coming up the you will almost be able to walk across the confluence on all the boats. I have a buddy in Bismarck I think he is fishing a trib of the missouri. He's been sending videos jigging from a bridge just slamming the big eyes down there. Looks like a damn good time. I'd trade your clear water for ours most of the time.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
We do not need ice!!!!!

Im fine taking the boat out and cast and blasting untill january! Ive winterized the camper twice this year and im debating taking it out again! Im some how going to figure a trip where i can shoot my buck a limit of pheasents and a limit of eyes all on the same day! Might even sneek a goose or two in there.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 77
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 31