The "NEW" SB 2315 - Pucker Up Buttercup!

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh...dear...God.........

- - - Updated - - -

Needless to say, I just emailed the Senators.

- - - Updated - - -

[FONT=&quot]Greetings Senators,

I am writing to you in opposition to the recently out of committee Senate Bill 2315, the legislation seeking to change North Dakota's long-standing options for posting of land to No Hunting, or No Trespassing.

In short, I am quite dismayed that my fellow North Dakotan's are even considering something like this that leaves me, as a landowner and sportsman, unsure of how in the heck I would ever be able to freelance hunt in my home state. In particular, I am NOT HAPPY that the State is choosing to implement any kind of cumbersome control over MY LAND. Yes, I post my land with signs already that state No Hunting or Trespassing Without Permission. We also have familial lands that we implement a mixed bag of No Hunting and land that we don't post as we leave it open to fellow hunters to enjoy their pursuit of their outdoor passions. This onerous bill would require me to sit down and register the different parcels of land within the State's database each year with differing levels of access to my fellow hunters. WHAT ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH are you attempting to do with this piece of garbage legislation by allowing a Hunting Guide and/or Outfitter to profit off of my unposted land? Yes, I caught this little gem of an inclusion under the recent amendments that state if private land is not posted against hunting or trespassing under section 20.1-01-17 or designated as closed to hunters or open to hunters upon receipt of permission under section 20.1-18-02, a person may act as a hunting guide or hunting outfitter on the land. “

I request that you vote no and leave North Dakota's posting laws as they are, I am perfectly OK with carrying around the various signs and hanging them up as I'm out fixing fence, spraying weeds, etc. It's certainly less of a pain in the neck than what is being proposed!

Regards,

Allen

Landowner, Hunter, Voter
[/FONT]

MuleyMadness

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I personally believe they shot themselves in the foot making it too complex and confusing. Single handed the most ridiculous thing I have ever tried to read. Public school toilet paper is more useful than this bill.

FishSticks

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why have we not seen anything in the news about this lately? This has a major impact on many in the state and the Fargo Forum has not had a whole lot on it, especially the newest iteration. Anyone well spoken enough to write something up for their opinion section? I've emailed state representatives but do not have the writing talent for a mass audience.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh...dear...God.........

- - - Updated - - -

Needless to say, I just emailed the Senators.

- - - Updated - - -

Greetings Senators,

I am writing to you in opposition to the recently out of committee Senate Bill 2315, the legislation seeking to change North Dakota's long-standing options for posting of land to No Hunting, or No Trespassing.

In short, I am quite dismayed that my fellow North Dakotan's are even considering something like this that leaves me, as a landowner and sportsman, unsure of how in the heck I would ever be able to freelance hunt in my home state. In particular, I am NOT HAPPY that the State is choosing to implement any kind of cumbersome control over MY LAND. Yes, I post my land with signs already that state No Hunting or Trespassing Without Permission. We also have familial lands that we implement a mixed bag of No Hunting and land that we don't post as we leave it open to fellow hunters to enjoy their pursuit of their outdoor passions. This onerous bill would require me to sit down and register the different parcels of land within the State's database each year with differing levels of access to my fellow hunters. WHAT ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH are you attempting to do with this piece of garbage legislation by allowing a Hunting Guide and/or Outfitter to profit off of my unposted land? Yes, I caught this little gem of an inclusion under the recent amendments that state if private land is not posted against hunting or trespassing under section 20.1-01-17 or designated as closed to hunters or open to hunters upon receipt of permission under section 20.1-18-02, a person may act as a hunting guide or hunting outfitter on the land. “

I request that you vote no and leave North Dakota's posting laws as they are, I am perfectly OK with carrying around the various signs and hanging them up as I'm out fixing fence, spraying weeds, etc. It's certainly less of a pain in the neck than what is being proposed!

Regards,

Allen

Landowner, Hunter, Voter
You said it well, Allen. I think you drove home alot of the concern.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
A few words that may add the suggestion of outrage would be.....Draconian, Orwellian, Dictatorial, Overreaching, Domineering, and Authoritarian. Add to that Disgusting, nauseating, outrageous, and unconstitutional. Feel free to use these in your emails. I did.

Wirehair

Founding Member
Founding Member
e-mail sent to all Senators as well as my reps. Hoping that many others do the same. Thank you for providing contact info!! Can't imagine that this revised bill will be well received by full Senate, I had heard back from a few Senators on a previous e-mail that they were not in favor of the original bill, let alone this disaster.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've gotten one republican response, saying the amendments "do not sound favorable".

- - - Updated - - -

No shit.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can you imagine how many pages this would be if ole GST were around?

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
If people weren't energized bout this enough before to send an email. They really should be now.

They will wake up one morning this fall and think, "WTF happened to our hunting?" Dont wait till fall to realize the steaming pile of shit this bill has turned into.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
Talked to a few landowners and a few didn’t know much about this but most didn’t have much of a problem with it. Not that a lot of guys would admit it but I think they are hoping a compromise would make this like Montana block management where landowners get paid for letting guys on.

Holmsvc

Founding Member
Founding Member
If people weren't energized bout this enough before to send an email. They really should be now.

They will wake up one morning this fall and think, "WTF happened to our hunting?" Dont wait till fall to realize the steaming pile of shit this bill has turned into.

:;:exactly

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tried to copy and paste list, some invalid email addresses so won't let it go.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Maybe the non resident hunters will go to SD for pheasants and Saskatchewan for waterfowl and leave our state alone. If they have to pay for access in ND maybe many of them will stay home and just pay for access there.

Scott Hennen and Rob Port are not worried this will be a doomsday to the G&F budget, rural economies, or hunting participation so I guess we are all worried about nothing.

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Maybe the non resident hunters will go to SD for pheasants and Saskatchewan for waterfowl and leave our state alone. If they have to pay for access in ND maybe many of them will stay home and just pay for access there.

Scott Hennen and Rob Port are not worried this will be a doomsday to the G&F budget, rural economies, or hunting participation so I guess we are all worried about nothing.

Neither of wich hunt or spend much time outdoors at all. I have a hard time valuing their opinions on the topic.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I told you this was going to become the biggest shit show you ever saw. Time to piss test all them sonsabitches

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88