The official new ice fishing tackle and equipment for 2016-17

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've really been wanting to order that auger, but all of the negative feedback just makes me hesitate. The auger big looks great, even if could just get that maybe and put it on my propane powerhead and cut like 10 lbs would be sweet. I just wish he could get his shit together so I felt better about ordering the whole unit being they're about $600....
There is a new player to the list of electric augers on the ice: Not much informaiton I can find

revolutionz

★★★ Legendary Member
http://www.redbackpower.com/augermixer.html

Here is their website, with the 40v model...don't see anything on their site about the 120v though..

After watching that video, pairing the kdrill or icegator composite bits with that thing would be beastly for hole hopping. It's a Chinese company though, so who knows how the construction/quality is :;:huh

Last edited:

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
i guess it wouldn't matter where it was assembled because all the components are made overseas anyways. Ice gators 9.5 bit is nice unit if only i could get more fittings for it. i am worried about breaking one since they are plastic, but of course Mr Pepple is not answering his emails or voicemails.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was tinkering with the idea of putting a drop axle under my enclosed trailer but I hate the thought of butchering up and ruining a perfectly good trailer without a good plan. My main concern is I want an end product that will still carry the weight the trailer was designed for and still have proper wheel alignment. I put a hatch in the floor and made a couple of sleeves but it's too far off the ice for my likings. It has a ramp door so I will most likely haul a snowmobile and a flip style and use the trailer for a sleeper but it would still be nice to be able to drop it down and fish out of it. Anyone know of a frame builder or a manufactured kit that can get the job done ?

cargo trailer.png

Last edited:

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was tinkering with the idea of putting a drop axle under my enclosed trailer but I hate the thought of butchering up and ruining a perfectly good trailer without a good plan. My main concern is I want an end product that will still carry the weight the trailer was designed for and still have proper wheel alignment. I put a hatch in the floor and made a couple of sleeves but it's too far off the ice for my likings. It has a ramp door so I will most likely haul a snowmobile and a flip style and use the trailer for a sleeper but it would still be nice to be able to drop it down and fish out of it. Anyone know of a frame builder or a manufactured kit that can get the job done ?

IMG_1146.jpg
Davey I would try a machine shop to see what it would cost to build some drop axles.

http://www.lakewoodproducts.com/product/ice-pack/

Also this looks like a Cadillac of tip up holders

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
646455.jpg

Like why did I not think of this, guywholiketotinkerwithstuffthatscoolANDneat could make this and put it on youtube.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Icegator electric augers website is no more I'd hope Greg was able to sell his invention to another so they could start to build these awesome units. If not those who got one they will be worth as much as gold to someone

Last edited:

Captainbrad

Founding Member
Founding Member
Until frabill fires gillespie, I refuse to buy their items. Except for their landing nets as they're pretty good. That jacket does look pretty gnarly though.

- - - Updated - - -

However, if I have to dress like that to fish, I'll stay home.

Lucky for you he joined Clam this year.

Farmer

Founding Member
Founding Member

IMG_1146.jpg
I have seen guys put jack mounts on the frame, then zip the wheels off with cordless impact and lower to ground. Pretty cheap way of finding out if you like it.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think that is the old style Ion though. I would send the extra money and get the improved battery.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 100
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 46