Tipping is getting out of hand

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Some restaurants make all the waitresses split the tips evenly amongst all personal even the hostess get some of the tip money.
I know of a few like that which not sure I agree with because a server that busts their butt gets less and the lazy crabby attitude that messes with their phone in the corner gets a reward. Not sure what the best way to pay a hostess is

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know of a few like that which not sure I agree with because a server that busts their butt gets less and the lazy crabby attitude that messes with their phone in the corner gets a reward. Not sure what the best way to pay a hostess is
If I had any say in the matter I'd say delete the job. I prefer sitting where I want to sit like we did in the good old days.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
If I had any say in the matter I'd say delete the job. I prefer sitting where I want to sit like we did in the good old days.
Yeah I don't really see a point in their position sometimes, especially if they are there to tell you to sit wherever you choose or a bar section is open seating anyways a lot of the time. Now I can see when you have a packed house and you need someone to keep track of seating availability.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Or when you walk into a place during non rush hours that is almost empty and theres a sigh that says Please wait to be seated so stand there until one of the waitresses gets a chance to come ask where you would like to sit . It makes no sense.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
We were in the restaurant business for 27 years 1986-2013
I put in little of a year as a dishwasher, and 13 years as a line cook.
I made diddle squat, yet put out damn good food and was told so by customers and in fact a guy tried offering me a job at his steak house lol and the waitress got all the money!! go figure that out.
I understand that the waitress run their butts off but the cooks are sweating their nuts off to make the food good and get it out at a decent time. I know a few watiress's that made way more than I did even tho they got a lower hourly wage but the tips made it way more.
Some girls complained about not making more than the other and yes, it has to do with attitude and tolerating crabby customers, I've seen it all because I've worked in that business
So what your mainly tipping for? seeing some waitress cute ass/titties or for good food?
Here's what a customer did for me once, he wanted to tip me, not the watiress, got up came back into the kitchen and handed me $5 bill, told me his steak was awesome. Just to show its not all about the watiress , lots needs to click to get returning customers and for them to tip good.
There I said that.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
We were in the restaurant business for 27 years 1986-2013
I put in little of a year as a dishwasher, and 13 years as a line cook.
I made diddle squat, yet put out damn good food and was told so by customers and in fact a guy tried offering me a job at his steak house lol and the waitress got all the money!! go figure that out.
I understand that the waitress run their butts off but the cooks are sweating their nuts off to make the food good and get it out at a decent time. I know a few watiress's that made way more than I did even tho they got a lower hourly wage but the tips made it way more.
Some girls complained about not making more than the other and yes, it has to do with attitude and tolerating crabby customers, I've seen it all because I've worked in that business
So what your mainly tipping for? seeing some waitress cute ass/titties or for good food?
Here's what a customer did for me once, he wanted to tip me, not the watiress, got up came back into the kitchen and handed me $5 bill, told me his steak was awesome. Just to show its not all about the watiress , lots needs to click to get returning customers and for them to tip good.
There I said that.
You bring up a great point that many of us don't know or thing of. I know I have "sent compliments to the chef" but does it get there I don't know. Also yeah many times I am going to tip better on better than average food than if the food was sub par along with the service

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I cooked ,helped run back of house and helped run the front. I have no problem tipping for good service and paying for good food. The reason they just don’t let you sit any where is to try and keep people from being all spread out. Helps keep areas cleaner because people are pigs especially ones with little brat kids that make a mess and they don’t clean up after them and let them act a fool. It’s a tough racket to make a living in.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks like cities are already looking at new revenue streams.

Starting today, when citizens are pulled over by our Officers, you will be presented with an optional tipping screen.
If you’ve enjoyed the service you received during your traffic stop, you’ll have the option of using a credit card to tip that Officer up to 25 percent of the cost of your traffic citation.

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'BSRO Add a tip? 15% $1.99 20% $2.65 25% $3.31 Custom Notip ® English''BSRO Add a tip? 15% $1.99 20% $2.65 25% $3.31 Custom Notip ® English'

All reactions:
...and this will morph into more tips/more job perks; more likely to stay employed. Under Merrill McPeak (Clintong regime) in the Farce we actually were required to issue customer comment cards on every contact. The blotter had to reflect whether or not the OIS complied.

Remember that fucking name: Merrill McPeak

That is all.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 2
  • This month: 2
  • This month: 1
Top Bottom