Twins

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fire Baldelli now!! That was the dumbest use of a pitching staff I’ve ever seen… this isn’t little league not everyone needs to pitch an inning

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fire Baldelli now!! That was the dumbest use of a pitching staff I’ve ever seen… this isn’t little league not everyone needs to pitch an inning
It was the hitting.....at one point we retired 15 straight Astros batters. Can't strike out 14 times (last game) then end this one with 3 straight K's and finish the game with a called strike. Frustrating to say the least. But then again we're seasoned to expect this from any of our "professional" teams.

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep, their pitching kept them in it tonight, the swing and miss gang let us down. Some guys (Taylor, Castro, Jeffers) looked absolutely lost at the plate. Might just be inferior talent. Only Rocco decision I didn’t agree with tonight was Buxton hitting. Hopefully that was a parting gift.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep, their pitching kept them in it tonight, the swing and miss gang let us down. Some guys (Taylor, Castro, Jeffers) looked absolutely lost at the plate. Might just be inferior talent. Only Rocco decision I didn’t agree with tonight was Buxton hitting. Hopefully that was a parting gift.
Yep, wasted at bat. I was MAYBE ok with a pinch runner appearance but not an at bat in a big spot. Dude has been a let down all year, why try it now?

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pitching didn't lose the series, lack of hitting did. Twins have 3-4 holes in the lineup, Astros have none. We need to learn how to play a little small ball at times in the bottom of the order to try to get a guy or two on base and get back to top rather than just everyone swinging away- that works fine if you have the dudes to do it- we don't have 9 dudes...

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pitching didn't lose the series, lack of hitting did. Twins have 3-4 holes in the lineup, Astros have none. We need to learn how to play a little small ball at times in the bottom of the order to try to get a guy or two on base and get back to top rather than just everyone swinging away- that works fine if you have the dudes to do it- we don't have 9 dudes...
It's all a matter of getting hot in October. Braves have no holes, yet will probably be home with the Twins after tonight unless their bats get HOT

YCbtx

Fun while it lasted...Hopefully they dump some more money into the rotation and bullpen for next season and strengthen a strength. I'm sure Sonny will find a different team that will let him pitch past the 5th inning at the beginning of the season. Need to replace a few swing and miss guys with contact guys on offense as well.....or maybe different hitting coach with a different approach at the plate...but I'm no expert. Kepler and Polanco both come off the books if they want...so should be some money there....plus at least they aren't paying Buxton based on any of his incentives (still overpaying though). Just hoping that a few October wins, coupled with a weak division, makes ownership open up the wallet a little more for a deeper run next year.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm a Braves fan. Be careful and don't make your team too good. You don't want the 1 or 2 seed. Philly has the right formula. Get yourself 2 ace starters, with positive playoff experience.

At least the Dodgers are out !! Hopefully Braves can win 2, but its not looking good.

870XPRS

In Rocco and Buxton's defense, he did make contact. Barely, but he didn't strike out.

Walleye Slayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
We had 3 runs and 6 hits over the last two games. That's 18 innings of baseball.
I would say our batting sucked badly. Can't win in the postseason with numbers like that no matter how good your pitching is.

I really thought we had a shot at the Astros after that game 2 win, but it was short-lived.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Until they get rid of their hitting coach and make an enormous emphasis on not striking out they will never be any better. I’m told this is an issue throughout their minor league system too so this is a coaching issue. When you rely on home runs and attempt to hit home runs with every at bat this is the result. I vote for a paul molitor style hitting coach. The pitching staff is way good.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Played and coached slow pitch softball. Nothing worse than getting a called strike and then reacting that way, drive me up a wall.

However, there was a time or two i told the lady to take the first pitch weather a strike or not. First strike.

Yes, swing the bat. db

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
The twins refuse to protect the plate with two strikes. With two strikes you better be trying to make contact with anything on the edges of the strike zone.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
While watching the Braves for the last 4 games it seems the umps had a very liberal strike zone. Pitches would be outside the strike zone outline and the Phillies would get the call. Now you're down 0-2 and swinging at pitches well out of the zone. Also, they gave very little wiggle room on check swings. Now I'm not saying they didn't call that both ways, but it seemed like with the pitches just out of the zone, the Phillies hit those spots early in the count more than Braves pitchers.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m a purist but I think where we are at technologically it’s time for computers to call balls and strikes. It’s just too simple and totally fair. Ump can still be back there for calling all other things. Check swings can be determined by overhead camera in a matter of seconds now days

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's right...lol...not thinking right today. Mind is still a little scrambled from the hornets nest I ran into pheasant hunting this weekend...I didn't know a hand and arm could actually triple in size the way mine has.
Agreed,little some beeches are relentless, stepped on a ground hive the other day,had shorts on,thankgoodness they missed the family jewels...i attacked later that night,gasoline and farmer match did the trick.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88