U.A.W strike?

cooter00

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wish the oil field would unionize I haven't had a weekend off in 3 years no paid time off no days off period can't go more then 2 hrs from work at anytime getting 30bucks an hr...the need to just man up and shut up

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
All this will equal is more production moving out of the USA. Simple decision for them when viewing labor costs.
Production would move no matter what. Should these employees work for $1.50 an hour? It's equivalent to Chinese labor. No matter what the companies will move production. This may speed it up but if you think for a second no strike would keep jobs here that is simply wrong.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I wish the oil field would unionize I haven't had a weekend off in 3 years no paid time off no days off period can't go more then 2 hrs from work at anytime getting 30bucks an hr...the need to just man up and shut up
Yet by your profile pic..I am assuming it's you..you found time to fish. Not a bad job if they allow you to fish why at work. 🤣

woodduck30

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Unions are great for the lazy wallflower shit bag of an employee that gets paid the same as the hardworking employee that contributes 2-3 times as much as the bag of ass shit bag.

You can guess which type of worker supports unions. Gotta love those union dues going to Hillary and Brandon

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
Production would move no matter what. Should these employees work for $1.50 an hour? It's equivalent to Chinese labor. No matter what the companies will move production. This may speed it up but if you think for a second no strike would keep jobs here that is simply wrong.
If you read my earlier post, I believe many of these employees should make way more money than the agreement asked for. And the lesser performing employees need to make less. I don’t believe that you can blanket pay everyone and run a successful business. That’s what I believe is wrong. Maybe paying everyone this way would lead to higher labor costs too. No industry can blindly and blanket add costs and expect to be globally competitive.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ive never been in a union but i have ran a sub business in a union shop, i agree 30 percent of the employees to 99 percent of the work. Ive seen people retire because there union retirement was shrinking every year.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Unions are great for the lazy wallflower shit bag of an employee that gets paid the same as the hardworking employee that contributes 2-3 times as much as the bag of ass shit bag.

You can guess which type of worker supports unions. Gotta love those union dues going to Hillary and Brandon
you can tell who has any idea as how a manufacturing plant works and they hire back and forth ind engineers.. I put money on it the line runs the same speed on the toyota line in tx as it does in dearborn MI.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you read my earlier post, I believe many of these employees should make way more money than the agreement asked for. And the lesser performing employees need to make less. I don’t believe that you can blanket pay everyone and run a successful business. That’s what I believe is wrong. Maybe paying everyone this way would lead to higher labor costs too. No industry can blindly and blanket add costs and expect to be globally competitive.
have you ever read the contract. Again myths

Full-time employees at the Big Three make on average $18 to $32 an hour, depending on seniority

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
again these are not government workers --- i fail to see what concern of it is. The new york mill guy are you concerned about his wages too?? Lund wants how much for a alum boat -- willing buyer willing seller

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can bet one thing that assembly worker isnt sitting on his fat ass putting posts on NodakAngler:cool:

He/she is chasing that door or heater fan with a drill in hand and meanwhile that assembly line is moving. No time for a bad day hangovers or a text.

Its time for this thread to be EOS

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hats off cooter!!!! We need more like you.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bet honda and toyota are ramping up production.

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
have you ever read the contract. Again myths

Full-time employees at the Big Three make on average $18 to $32 an hour, depending on seniority
Seniority pay is blanket pay. Pay on merit, not how long you’ve been there. Incentivize workers to do better. It’s not a new business concept. I’m guessing even the crappy sweatshops we keep outsourcing to do that.

The bigger problem is these companies have the workers and their communities held hostage. Even with the good labor market, these folks have few options otherwise. All the eggs are in one basket.

Again, more power to them to try to improve their compensation. Unfortunately they’re in a tough spot. No other job options, robots, and outsourcing taking place. And record profits. But their ask must be reasonable, in a Union system that is far outdated.

Last edited:

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am still trying to understand why it bothers you guys that someone is getting a raise. Its not govt employee ---- willing employee willing employer ---- why do you care.
Because its strong arming bullshit, that employer is not willing, he is being held hostage, I hope they never get their pay or go back to work.

We can all ride bicycle like we should be anyway.

woodduck30

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I can bet one thing that assembly worker isnt sitting on his fat ass putting posts on NodakAngler:cool:

He/she is chasing that door or heater fan with a drill in hand and meanwhile that assembly line is moving. No time for a bad day hangovers or a text.

Its time for this thread to be EOS
Don't conflate manufacturing with unions.
You are a strong union representative! Good job

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I work with some pretty underperformimg individuals that get substantially more then a few individuals that bust there ass. Their friend is the manager of this dept. Multiple ways to look at pay and performance. In large corporations it's not always how you perform and more about who know. Small companies I would agree with you..The big 3 or large corporations not so much.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 132
  • This month: 118
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 49