UPS in Bismarck

Vollmers

★★★★★ Legendary Member
As of this morning the ups driver that dropped @ my workplace said they are still delivering last weeks packages.

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
During the last snow storm, USPS marked a delivery of mine as delivered. I was at the office and nothing was delivered. Spoke with the post office and nobody knew what was going. They only said the scanning of it was messed up.

2 days later it finally showed up at the office.

Another UPS incident - a delivery for work was scanned as being returned to us (it made it half way across the country at this point).
the next day it was delivered to the correct location on the east coast. WTF!

I do know that UPS was extremely backlogged after this last storm in Bismarck.Several semis that were waiting to be unloaded.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
At work we ship all over the country, every day. And one of our warehouse guys moonlights at UPS. They are BEEEEE-HINNNDD.

It's getting sorted out, but if your tracking info states "UPS SurePost", that means that it's going to eventually come in the USPS. Postal Service. That's right, the Postal Service is actually taking some of the deliveries for UPS. Magic, I guess.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
I personally don't ship UPS as FedEx is cheaper to use. Awhile back needed to ship a package, FedEx was $50 cheaper then UPS, shipped the same way.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know most of the FedEx guys in my communities, bunch of good guys. I am sure UPS has a bunch of good guys too.
I had the UPS truck stuck in front of my house a week back, offered to help him out with a quick yank on the tow rope, he declined as their policy would not allow it. Moments later a huge wrecker pulled up and pulled him 8 inches out of the little snow drift he was stuck in, sure it cost them a few $$$. What a stupid rule.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm bookmarking this thread for the next time someone complains about the cost of stamps to send something via the USPS.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know most of the FedEx guys in my communities, bunch of good guys. I am sure UPS has a bunch of good guys too.
I had the UPS truck stuck in front of my house a week back, offered to help him out with a quick yank on the tow rope, he declined as their policy would not allow it. Moments later a huge wrecker pulled up and pulled him 8 inches out of the little snow drift he was stuck in, sure it cost them a few $$$. What a stupid rule.

a lady sued mcdonalds because her coffee was too hot....and won. I can see how their policy will prevent the general public from being able to file a complaint/lawsuit. But, stupid is still a good descriptor.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Those uhauls are full of hippies going to the protest, they just got lost and are finally finding their way. AS far as UPS and FedEx i will take them any day over the postal service, because that is a joke

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I heard that they have a butt load of packages for the standing rock shit show and is sitting in Bismarck and that is adding to the problem..

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm having the same issues with UPS. I've called and bitched a number of times, but it hasn't helped. Had 4 packages that were supposed to be delivered during and after the first storm, and those just arrived yesterday. Now I've got two packages sitting in Bismarck that were supposed to be delivered yesterday. One of them was a 2nd day air delivery that I needed quickly. I wonder what I can do about getting reimbursed for the shipping since all of my packages have been delivered late. I got three notifications with updates this morning. The first said that they were delayed. The second said they are on time and scheduled for today, and the third said that it's delayed again.

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member
I personally don't ship UPS as FedEx is cheaper to use. Awhile back needed to ship a package, FedEx was $50 cheaper then UPS, shipped the same way.

We use UPS more than FedEx just due to it seemed FedEx was taking forever to get packages out in the oil field, had better luck with UPS even though they are more expensive. I use Speedee the most, but they won't go just anywhere.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bitching doesn't change volume, traffic laws and weather. You can't stuff ten lbs of shi'ite in a five lb sock. In this situation; I'm a replace the squeaky wheel type.

1bigfokker

Founding Member
Founding Member
Saw a wrecker hauling a fedex truck and 3 trailers toward fargo the other day. Looks like they're trying to save time and fuel.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bitching doesn't change volume, traffic laws and weather. You can't stuff ten lbs of shi'ite in a five lb sock. In this situation; I'm a replace the squeaky wheel type.

Not true, I have seen plenty 'o chicks with 100 lbs asses in 30lbs stretch pants.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
We'll see how behind they are. I purchased a gun off gun broker last week. Seller got his money on Saturday, said he will send out Monday, gave me tracking # and said it should be at my FFL's holder on Thursday. Well, the tracking number is not showing anything at UPS, its coming out of Ohio. Then get this, guess this seller is using all means of shipping methods, Fed Ex, UPS, USPS. he sends me a receipt from USPS, but its showing a destination of Bossier LA??? LOL....he emails me back and says thats the wrong receipt for my package, and thats was for a different shipment to another customer.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
We were suppose to have a package delivered by UPS on Dec. 5th. Well we just got it today Dec. 13th here in Bismarck. Got the same song and dance as the rest of you about being delayed. Only 5 miles away and 8 days to get here. Hell pony express was faster than that.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 6
  • This month: 5
  • This month: 4
  • This month: 3
  • This month: 2