Van Hook Resort or Brendle's

walleyeman_1875

★★★ Legendary Member
Looking to make my first trip to the Legendary Van Hook this summer. Any recommendations between the two? Preference is a cabin but tenting is an option.

Flatrock

Founding Member
Founding Member
You mean cabins to rent? For Van Hook, the only real option are hotels in New Town. There's also a hotel and a few cabins on Highway 23 just a couple miles from Van Hook but I don't even know the name of it. I don't think there's much for cabins to rent at Brendle's either but I could be wrong.

As for the fishing, it doesn't really matter as the ramps are only a couple miles apart.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The hotels just north of van hook would be a good option. Not sure how nice the cabins are at Brendles. Tenting works for both places. It doesn't matter where you launch.

WT2121

Founding Member
Founding Member
Area around Deep Water bay was very good last year. I stayed at Indian Hills month of August last year. Kelly Sorge has cabins and apartment style rentals there. Scenic and nice place to stay.

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hotels are the best bet. The cabins referred to are booked, tried a month ago. Going to be a zoo of people up there this summer I think. I will be there to pillage in July!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 173
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 56