Vets

I was in...

• Total voters

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I sounds like there are a lot on Veterans in here. Any stories or good times?

I was a MM in the Navy 70-77

Mutiple combat tours in scenic places

Sorry about the poll, Vollmer got it fixed for me.

I apologize to the Guard and Reserve guys I left off the original poll.

We have a group now, feel free to stop in and chat, tell a story or add some photos.

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Navy: AME (ejection seats and life support) F/A-18C Hornets VFA 94 "Home of the Mighty Shrikes"

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Navy: AME (ejection seats and life support) F/A-18C Hornets VFA 94 "Home of the Mighty Shrikes"

I don't remember which Sqn this Hornet belonged to but here's a couple of go fast pics I shot.

Attachments

HORNET-0.jpg HORNETS1.JPG

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've never seen a hornet leak as much as one that has broken the sound barrier. I think it rattles every screw loose in those things. Our CAG plane would fill a drip pan over night.

9076053-md.jpg

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've never seen a hornet leak as much as one that has broken the sound barrier. I think it rattles every screw loose in those things. Our CAG plane would fill a drip pan over night.
That doesn't make me feel good about putting our guys up in those things.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
USMC, 1988-1992.

Yep, plenty of fun stories. None of which get aired in such a public forum.

Put a couple beers in me though and I just never know what shakes out of the rafters.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
If those leak anything like the F-4, a guy needs rain gear to even get close. Started my EOD career dealing with hung flares, F'd up guns, jammed pylons, Aim 7's/9's/120's, along with ejection seat components, squibs, carts, explosive bolts, and a titty sprinkles ton of C-4. Damn that was an AWESOME time in my life!!!!!!!!!!!!! As for stories, I might tell you guys about the time one of our brethren, "Satisfied" the warden of a women's prison and she was so appreciative she furloughed a few (30) inmates for good behavior so they could attend our after mission party........but I won't. Then I could tell you about the beach party we had using two 16 pak Navy vans with bras hanging from the antennas when we sent shore patrol on there way while we bubbled the paint of the sides of the van from the 30 ft bon fire we had on the beach....but I won't. I suppose I could maybe tell you about the time we about burned down an entire Air Force Base in Panama....but I should probably NOT. Then I got commissioned and all the fun..............ENDED!!

There was that Shakira concert in Brazil after I was commissioned that I attended without passport, ID, or any other identifying info when I didn't go through customs or any port of entry while hiding in the bottom of a canoe as we passed the border patrol..........but on second thought I think I'll keep that one under wraps.

Last edited:

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nope!! It's NOT the taskers. It's the 7am monday morning meetings coupled with the 3pm Friday afternoon meetings where nothing is said, done, or thought about that makes any difference to anything in the known universe that sucks the life right out of you.

esoxpirate

Active Duty AF, 2000-present. Long Haul communication Technician. I ensure nobody loses their connectivity to NoDakAngler.com

Esox

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member
Army Reserves Combat Engineer 94-2000. No good stories, just a lot of hurry up and wait.

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Here's of my favorite Hornet pics, I shot it in Cold Lake Canada during Maple Flag.

Attachments

8-SHIP-0.jpg

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Air Force POL 1983-2005
Wouldnt trade those experiences for anything.
Have been around about every aircraft & chopper in the DOD with several joint forces operations with US and other countries.

image.jpg

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
A lot more Marines so far than I expected. God Bless you crazy SOB's!

★★★★★ Legendary Member
USMC, 1988-1992.

Yep, plenty of fun stories. None of which get aired in such a public forum.

Put a couple beers in me though and I just never know what shakes out of the rafters.

You f o r g o t to check Marines in the poll. rotflmfao

Welcome aboard!

- - - Updated - - -

A lot more Marines so far than I expected. God Bless you crazy SOB's!

I only see 1 Marine so far. Where did you see the rest?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 260
  • This month: 222
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 106
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 76