Vinyl Snap In Flooring

aron

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wouldn't put click together vinyl in a closet!
Gonna do it, do it right. Get glue down!

I think vinyl has a bad rap as it used to be a very cheap and economical flooring. Vinyl plank flooring has come a long ways and is now a very nice flooring. It is much warmer and quieter than laminate along with being waterproof. I put laminate in one level of my house a few years ago (wife's choice) and regret not doing vinyl.

★ Legendary Member
Have a patient that does flooring and he said coretec is great, especially if you have dogs. No worries about water dish or scratching.

all4eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Most of the new vinyl lock floors are good. Coretec is leaps ahead of the rest as far as installation goes. I use a miter saw and table saws for most of my cutting. It's a fluffy dust. It can be cut with a utility knife but make sure it's sharp and use multip,e cuts and not one good heavy cut if that makes sense. I prefer the miter saw though. Good 60 tooth blade and your set. Tapping blocks are good, and don't rush it.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
I did my basement with it. Almost a year and love it compared to laminett. For most most cuts Scoting and snapping is sufficient. Make sure you let it set in the room it will be in for 24hrs first so it can acclimate. Then follow the specs as far as gap. A miter box is nice for door jams and more complex cuts. Make sure you have plenty of blades for you utility knife and go across it a couple times then snap it. It's pretty easy once you get going. A T square is nice to make sure you cuts are straight. Not sure where your at but I have all the spacers and pounding block if you need them.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm tired! Hopefully you can decipher my post.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 40
  • This month: 35