Weather apps?

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
Searched up old threads but for figured a new thread was probably needed with all the app changes. Does anyone gave recommendations on a good weather app? Weather, wind, sunrise, long term forecast, radar all in one? I use Storm Radar and Windy but am always looking as I’m a weather nerd. Thanks!

Wallike

★★★ Legendary Member
I use one recommended by a meteorologist friend. It's only radar but that's all I'm interested in while I'm traveling or on the water.

Radar Scope app

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lisa or Hutch???
A3D237A1-5639-41FE-B079-0980767EF3EE.png

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Wunderground and Windy for me. It used to only be Wunderground, but their wind direction is almost always wrong now and it has been that way for over a year.

duckman1302

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use some of the others mentioned as well as weatherbug. Its not great for long term forecast but is usually pretty good with short term. And I like the sunrise/sunset as well a barometer info it has as well.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lots have mentioned Windy.....why Windy? What do you like about it? I haven't used it....

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lots have mentioned Windy.....why Windy? What do you like about it? I haven't used it....
Visual information about wind hour by hour. You can tell if the location of your activity is on the edge of expected high winds… vs the entire region is forecast to be a certain wind level. In the case of the former - if they’re off on the forecast in time or space just a little - it has big consequences (for a tiller boat on Devils Lake for instance). In the latter case you’re way more confident that said wind will be close to their prediction. Hope that makes sense - Windy gives you a great feel for how wind is moving graphically over time and geographically.

Many times I’m torn between trailering to one location or another and Windy helps me decide.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
Windy and Radar Scope. KFYR's weather app can be real good.

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I used to run the weather channel until I discovered how shitty their wind predictions are in both daily and hour to hour. Switched to the weatherbug and it's been pretty good.

Downloaded windy this morning and played with it, very impressed!

Wallike

★★★ Legendary Member
Since this thread has me plummeting down the internet rabbit hole...this one is pretty cool.

Ventusky App

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88