Weather...

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Unreal weather/temps this winter.

Buddy in Bozeman said they're hunkering down big time dump on the way,they're talking feet,looking at the weather data map if this storm holds together most of central nodak will get buried,what do you guyz say or whocares,we'll deal with it iffin it comes.

55deg today,local lakes chained off accesses.

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Ain't heard nuttn about this coming event?
Same here,buddy prays for snow every night,he's a true powder hound,deeper the better,these guys pay close attention to these huge weather fronts hoping for the biggest and best...these guyz hit the mtn ( bridger bowl) at day break after a big dump,they set explosive charges along the peaks above ski area (avalanche control)

Just south of Bozeman, Jackson hole, not sure if Jackson's ski area still uses the ww2 hardware for avi cotrol....155 howie mid mountain they can hit the entire mountain peaks over shadowing ski area.

Im amazed ppl can afford to ski these days,costs.

My younger days lift tickets averaged $7 -$10/day,today $150 at our major western resorts,eat lunch on the mountain, expect a $50 bill for a burger and beer.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
Same here,buddy prays for snow every night,he's a true powder hound,deeper the better,these guys pay close attention to these huge weather fronts hoping for the biggest and best...these guyz hit the mtn ( bridger bowl) at day break after a big dump,they set explosive charges along the peaks above ski area (avalanche control)

Just south of Bozeman, Jackson hole, not sure if Jackson's ski area still uses the ww2 hardware for avi cotrol....155 howie mid mountain they can hit the entire mountain peaks over shadowing ski area.

My younger days lift tickets averaged $7 -$10/day,today $150 at our major western resorts,eat lunch on the mountain, expect a $50 bill for a burger and beer.
Big sky is a lift ticket is 250 a day

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
The only thing I enjoy about snow is the empty reward of writing my name during a beer project.

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yikes,i remember my 1st trip to vail co.1970,short on cash and bitching about a $8 lift ticket.
Wow,$250/day...curious if these daily prices will shut ski resorts down or just keep a few going for the rich.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh boy, look out after the 10th this month. Hutch's forecast shows a big "middle finger" to ND. Look, it's right there on the map! :ROFLMAO:
1706902910309.png

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
5 days in a row here where it does not get below freezing is beating the ice up fast. I hope we get alot of late season snow and spring rain from here to Canada

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pillow difts. And mt doesnt plow. The herd was big

Snow conditions up top plenty. By end of today this or week should be awesome.
1000004798.jpg

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member

Would love it if they got a big dump down at Bridger. The bozeman ski crowd has been hammering the small resorts around Montana all season. Long lines full of Bozo loudmouths and mediocre snow has made for an annoying ski season so far

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84