Weed killer for grass

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Roundup works for me, If you want it a little stronger add some diesel fuel.

Pramitol 25E will sterilize the soil for a yr. If you mix with diesel it will last longer.

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
Brush killer if you want to make sure everything dies, but be careful where you spray it be it kills everything

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I dont want to kill the grass --- and the stuff that you buy at box stores barely work imo. I had a sprayer dude for years but he would always put down the stuff in July 3 times and with the last few summers being so dry it would burn my grass (yes i know i needed to water).

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Shorts, What's the dominant weed you want to clobber? 2-4D is the standard, but if you have thistles or absinth wormwood, you'll need to up the ante. Trimec contains 2-4D with a shot of mecoprop that does a good job on dandelions. I've got some baby's breath and that crap needs MSM added to a 2-4D mix to control it. Neighbor and I both have spots of leafy spurge and that gets a rinse with Tordon (picloram) added to a 2-4D mix.

ktm450

★★ Legendary Member
i use Strike 3 for the lawn and use cornerstone plus for the kill all

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Shorts, What's the dominant weed you want to clobber? 2-4D is the standard, but if you have thistles or absinth wormwood, you'll need to up the ante. Trimec contains 2-4D with a shot of mecoprop that does a good job on dandelions. I've got some baby's breath and that crap needs MSM added to a 2-4D mix to control it. Neighbor and I both have spots of leafy spurge and that gets a rinse with Tordon (picloram) added to a 2-4D mix.
knotweed and dandlions.

What do the big boys use?

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
if you know a farmer, hat trick herbicide. be a bit careful w/ it. but, its not as dangerous as some others when it comes to trees, shrubs, etc... one gallon will last a long time.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
knotweed and dandlions.

What do the big boys use?
Yep, like Kurtr suggested, Milestone should do it for you. You can get it through Amazon. A $90 supply should kill your weeds. With enough left over for the next couple of years if applied correctly.

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Trimec or Amine 400 both work decent. I prefer Trimec as it knocks down the thistle a little better.

wales

Founding Member
Founding Member
Roundup works for me, If you want it a little stronger add some diesel fuel.

Pramitol 25E will sterilize the soil for a yr. If you mix with diesel it will last longer.
Pramitol. This work for weeds & everything else??? Have been using Ground Clear with disappointing results.

garden

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dicamba , LV 6. I use 1 cup per 2.5 gallon sprayer
Be careful with Dicamba (Banvel) as there is root uptake by non-target plants such as trees, shrubs, garden crops and flowers. It also drifts easily and for some far distances under the right weather conditions. The vapors can hang above the ground, then move when a breeze comes up and will damage or kill broadleaf plants in the area it drifts.
For lawns, 2,4-D Amine is a very effective and safe broadleaf herbicide. Being a salt formulation, it has no vapor so vapor drift is not a problem. Keep your sprayer pressure down and spray droplet size medium to prevent droplets drifting.

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
How about leafy spurge? That shit really took off this year.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84