Weekend trip

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mintona45in (1).jpgMintona45in (2).jpgSpent my weekend in blue plate country as one of those non resident persons fishing with my brother from MN, but was working for a species that you don't keep, just C&R. Caught these 2 Friday night, a 41 and 45 inch and I had two other follows that evening then over night a big cold front came thru Friday night and lock jawed them. Saturday we had 7 follows and Sunday we had 3 follows but they wouldn't eat. Damm frustrating Muskies but Good trip overall. BEER is always cold and deer chops cooked perfectly cant get much better. dukgnfsn

Big Iron

Founding Member
Founding Member
Awesome. One of these weekends I'm going to give that a try.

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Looks like something tried to chomp at the tail of that top fish?

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks like something tried to chomp at the tail of that top fish?
We think it looks like it got hit by a prop, was a solid gash but fish still fought and swam well so will most likely heal from it. Wasn't bleeding was a pretty fresh wound. We were fishing in 6-10 ft and it may have been caught by a prop

Velva_zv21

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I was muskie fishing July in Wisconsin and had a follow to the boat and on the 8 I heard a big WHAM.... the fish hit the trolling motor while the prop was spinning, we were traveling at 1.4 casting a shoreline so you can bet that muskie ended up with a gash in it somewhere. Buddy of mine been muskie fishing for 10 years and that was a first for him to have one hit the trolling motor

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was muskie fishing July in Wisconsin and had a follow to the boat and on the 8 I heard a big WHAM.... the fish hit the trolling motor while the prop was spinning, we were traveling at 1.4 casting a shoreline so you can bet that muskie ended up with a gash in it somewhere. Buddy of mine been muskie fishing for 10 years and that was a first for him to have one try to eat the trolling motor

fixed it :)

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Actually, now that I think about it I think your rite. I forgot that I had one of these on my trolling motor, and matter of fact my buddy said the same thing about the muskie trying to eat the trolling motor. 66737979_978367279174525_7209150439386775552_o.jpg
After seeing some of the lures I have thrown for them, between the size and actions of the lures not much would surprise me with these fish, they will attack some pretty crazy lures in design and actions, my arms hurt just thinking about throwing them now again.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Actually, now that I think about it I think your rite. I forgot that I had one of these on my trolling motor, and matter of fact my buddy said the same thing about the muskie trying to eat the trolling motor. 66737979_978367279174525_7209150439386775552_o.jpg

The other thing those TH G force eliminators attract besides muskys: suckers to pay the $50.00 to buy the unit.

- - - Updated - - -

PS - i bought one put it on (yes i suckered) and then sent it back - it did not reduce noise. If you have noise -- try loosening the bolts (under the prop) and turn the motor back and forth where it is jointed until it runs quiet. That makes a bigger difference then that G force and the best part about it ---its free. The other thing if your prop blade chewed up - sand it or buy new.

Shorts tip of the week---- we will see you on the water! (actually in a plots field this weekend)

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 90
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 42
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33