whats done with all the walleyes from tournaments.

HuntFish4life

Just curious as to if they are going to food pantry, etc. There must be some guidelines for the games and fish has set out.

I have heard some interesting rumors as to them being thrown in the trash, I hope this is not true.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know at the DWC, there's a heck of a crew at the cleaning station packaging fish up. You're welcome to take a bag for yourself, but I have no idea where they all end up.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I believe at the Governors Cup, they all go to the Fire Department. They put on a big fish fry event, then pickle and sell the rest. I could be mistaken, but that is what I thought they did.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
DL Chamber tournament, volunteers clean the fish and I believe the Lake Region Anglers have a community wide free will or free fish fry at the park later in the summer.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes, V is right, fish fry and pickles. The pickles are sold at the Dickins festival that Garrison has in December.

Callem'In

Founding Member
Founding Member
The MWC this past weekend at Devils Lake, The anglers could keep them or donate them to a community fish fry w/ corn for later in the year.

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
The MWC this past weekend at Devils Lake, The anglers could keep them or donate them to a community fish fry w/ corn for later in the year.

Devils Lake has been doing this for years. The Lake Region Anglers cook the fish and a local farmer family provides corn on the cob. It's a great event for all the people in our community who put up with all the tourists and those who can't or don't fish. Lots of older folks show up. Can't think of a better use for the fish and we thank all of you anglers who donate to this event.

fnznfwl

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes, V is right, fish fry and pickles. The pickles are sold at the Dickins festival that Garrison has in December.

I know its for the community and what not, but how is selling walleyes legal? Is there some sort of non profit loophole?

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
Devils Lake has been doing this for years. The Lake Region Anglers cook the fish and a local farmer family provides corn on the cob. It's a great event for all the people in our community who put up with all the tourists and those who can't or don't fish. Lots of older folks show up. Can't think of a better use for the fish and we thank all of you anglers who donate to this event.

I agree with this , this is what I like to see . Put it to a good use for the elderly or less fortunate . That's a good thing they do in Devils

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 100
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 33