Wicked Waters Taxidermy

rodcontrol

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does anyone out in NodakAnglerville have a bird with this woman or know how to get a hold of her?

Used to be timber hen taxidermy in Medina. Heard she packed up and moved to SD.

Dropped off a pheasant in October of 2021. This will be the second pheasant mount I've been scammed on.

Last edited:

Ruttin

Founding Member
Founding Member
My guess would be your bird is gone if you dropped it off in 2011. Seem to be plenty around for this fall though.

scrotcaster

Founding Member
Founding Member
2011? your one patient man, if your just inquiring now. good luck

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
What is with taxidermists? Is the work so tedious they can’t handle it full time or make money? I lost a couple nice birds to a guy that fell off the earth. Buddy lost a nice fish to one too and have heard never ending stories like this?

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
i think most of them tend to be part time gigs. but, the following rings true with full time guys too i think. someone walks in the door and you accept the business. pretty soon your freezer is full and you've got no chance of digging yourself out of the hole. in a lot of cases, you've likely gotten a deposit and have already spent that deposit. so, even if you tried to dig yourself out of the hole, you are now working for $ you've already spent... at least to a degree... that type of situation is mentally and emotionally draining on a person's psyche. the solution is to just dig yourself out of the hole. that would be satisfying, gratifying and completely uplifting. but, too many are incapable of that. so, they go into a deep state of depression, bury themselves in said hole and refuse to acknowledge objective reality.

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
so, they go into a deep state of depression, bury themselves in said hole and refuse to acknowledge objective reality.
Amen. Every time I think about all the people who got reamed by Roughrider Gamebirds my blood pressure spikes

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've heard too many horror stories, especially with birds. My deer have been a local guy (I grew up with his son, couple years younger than me) he is part time and if he hangs it up I got a guy I go to church with that wants my business in the future and he has got some time under his belt now, fish have been MSA (need to get a PB largemouth bass to him), my first bird and nice pheasant in perfect condition and 27-28in tail I dropped of to J&K near Fargo with a Sharptail of a buddies they are established and my buddy has a bear there currently and they did his full mount Mt Lion and Bobcat and another buddy has his sons first doe there just something different he figured . Guess a guy has to do his homework or pay the known reputable what they are asking if you want a good job and ever want to see your mount. another buddy has tried some different guys on fish and deer and has not been very pleased, his greenback took forever and when it showed up from SD it was damaged plus he is pretty sure its not his fish

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
ive gotten a few birds done and a couple fish, none required a deposit all took around 3 to 4 months. All my life i have heard stories like these about taxidermists.

NPO_Aaron

Founding Member
Founding Member
I took last winter and started to learn deer myself. I have a fish I’ve been waiting on since 2020 and won’t go through that again if I can help it.

I’m fortunate enough that my uncle has done taxidermy for 20 years and showed me the ropes/ helps me with any questions I may have.

I figured heck, I’ve got 3 sons so I’ll probably get some practice over the years.

These are my first two.
411A8080-CR3_DxO_DeepPRIME.jpeg

image000002.jpeg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 61