Wild game cooking shows

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Anybody ever watch Andrew Zimmern's wild game kitchen on TV? Watched a few episodes and man does it make me hungary. Anybody else have any good cooking shows they like to watch? I have seen a few on you tube..I tend to look for the fattest guy cooking something I am interested in and it usually turns out 😆

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
It makes me just Budapest. Never experienced the whole country.

I like to watch the show for cooking techs and times. The finished product is way above my simpleton palate. Cilantro/coriander is a no go and onion/any green pepper needs be in the "background".

Anyways, I watch and enjoy it. I also watch Feral and Dead Meat out of morbid curiosity: Will also watch the Earth Hippie celebrating his Solstice Tree for the same reason.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It makes me just Budapest. Never experienced the whole country.

I like to watch the show for cooking techs and times. The finished product is way above my simpleton palate. Cilantro/coriander is a no go and onion/any green pepper needs be in the "background".

Anyways, I watch and enjoy it. I also watch Feral and Dead Meat out of morbid curiosity: Will also watch the Earth Hippie celebrating his Solstice Tree for the same reason.
I was pretty surprised with the simplicity of Zimmerns cooking. Watched a show with turkey legs and he made a pretty simple brine left it sit 24 hours and cooked on an open grill. Made some wild rice with wild bore bacon as a side. Watched another with salmon that was super simple and gives tips like dragging the salmon on the cast iron pan and if it sticks its not hot enough.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Will also watch the Earth Hippie celebrating his Solstice Tree for the same reason.
That summbitch et hisself some prairie dogs. I'm out on tat-man.

Zimmerman makes stuff that's certainly doable for the average person. That Hunting/Fishing the Wild English Chef dude makes some stuff that's also not "hard" to do, but man do those guys make a lot of dirty dishes/pots/pans as they go.

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Steve Rinella has an episode on Netflix where he does just recipes.

Those that watch know he normally cooks whatever he kills at the end of the show.

His blade roast and osso buco recipes are very good!! I've made both numerous times and it makes use out of cuts that usually either get tossed or ground up for sausage.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Steve Rinella has an episode on Netflix where he does just recipes.

Those that watch know he normally cooks whatever he kills at the end of the show.

His blade roast and osso buco recipes are very good!! I've made both numerous times and it makes use out of cuts that usually either get tossed or ground up for sausage.
Yep , he's got some good ones. Osso buco a couple times a few yrs back.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 207
  • This month: 178
  • This month: 163
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 89